Technical Systems Manager at Evernote
The Technical Systems Manager is the point person for maintaining relationships and communication with the vendors who provide all Support, Success, and Sales platforms.
The Technical Systems Manager is responsible for the deployment and maintenance of Evernote’s Customer Experience systems. The Technical Systems Manager compares vendor options and recommends technical solutions. The Technical Systems Manager partners with Operations stakeholders to gather requirements for implementation of technology integration and migration.
In alignment with company and department level objectives, the Technical Systems Manager identifies opportunities to improve and optimize systems.
- Work with stakeholders to document issues and opportunities related to department level processes
- Document and maintain Evernote-specific admin processes and procedures related to systems management
- Troubleshoot production issues related to deployments, systems and processes
- Facilitate regular vendor meetings and roadmap reviews
- Manage vendor relationships and facilitates negotiations with vendors
- Conduct regular assessments of vendor functionality, including department/team usage
- Monitor, forecast, and provide regular updates on department systems costs
- Reference vendor roadmaps and new feature deployments in planning systems and business process improvements to meet department-level objectives
- Coordinate with stakeholders to review and manage new system deployments
- Coordinate legal and security reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders in developing system requirements
- Update internal stakeholders on vendor progress during incidents involving Support systems (for example, CRM outages, security incidents involving Support systems, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with customer support technologies
- Must have a strong understanding of monitoring and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing systems
- Possess a thorough understanding of monitoring and management systems
- Effective vendor negotiation and management skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You hold yourself accountable for delivering results
- You work well with teams and help those around you improve
- You have a growth mindset
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.