Technical Trainer – Austin, TX
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
Amherst is hiring a Technical Trainer to lead the development and delivery of training curriculum for our software products. In addition to training our employees on our proprietary applications, the Technical Trainer will assist with the onboarding of new hires for our technology department.
This newly formed role will have high visibility and significant customer and employee impact. The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, ideally with a background in the financial services industry.
If you can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences with diverse skill sets, we’d like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team.
A little more about this role:
- Responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating technical training program for all levels of end-users and IT professionals.
- Present newly developed software to management team.
- Work closely with both IT and the business to understand system and training needs for applications supported and ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Define product training deliverables and timelines.
- Plan and direct presentations, webinars, classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, and workshops.
- Design computer-based and multimedia curriculum. Write literature and materials to be used in program and designs exercises to enhance lectures.
- Develops documentation for custom applications using a variety of mediums.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge expertise including new product development.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field, education or business required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience delivering technical training to IT professionals as well as end users and executives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio).
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to translate technical software solutions to non-technical individuals. Public speaking, presentation and instructional experience preferred.
- Ability to identify training techniques that are effective for varying trainee levels and skills and to adjust accordingly.
- Experience leading training in both live and online settings to diverse audiences and group sizes.
- Ability to create and maintain process flow, templates, how-to guides, functional and technical documentation and change control documentation.
- Positive attitude, ability to motivate learners and establish credibility.
- Must be comfortable working on tight timelines in a start-up like environment.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan work.
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred, but Not Required)
- Experience in financial industry is a plus.
- Experience with group collaboration solutions, audio or video, is helpful.
- Knowledge of E-Learning technology and preparation is preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and JIRA.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!