Technical Trainer at SailPoint
This position is based at our Austin, TX HQ
This position (which is part of our Global Education Services team) is responsible for the successful training of SailPoint partners and customers. This includes developing materials for Instructor Led Training and e-learning and also delivering training classes for instructor-led and remote trainings.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to dig into technical products to find out how things work and then share their understanding with others. If you enjoy seeing the “light bulb” go on, this is a great job for you.
- Deliver technical training designed to enable/educate SailPoint implementation partners and customers
- Leverage your skills and experience to answer questions and consult with partners and customers.
- Contribute to existing training programs to meet learning needs for various audiences including administrators, end-users and implementers.
- Manage day-to-day event activities before, during and after course completion to ensure consistent and successful delivery.
- Develop Training Materials for online, remote and instructor-led training and configure training environments associated with these types of classes.
- Up to 30% travel, including internationally, delivering training. Average travel is closer to 20-25%.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of professional work experience as part of an enterprise software company or systems integrator.
- 1-2 years of enterprise training experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with clients and partners. Former consulting experience a plus!
- Experience in a dynamic company environment.
- The following experience is a plus:
- Experience with Java or equivalent object oriented language
- Experience with XML, HTML, REST APIs, Application Servers.
- Experience setting up and installing software on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with Databases/SQL (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, DB2.)
- Experience with Directories (LDAP, Active Directory.)
- Experience with enterprise systems (SAP, PeopleSoft.)
- Familiarity with identity management systems (Sun, Oracle, IBM, Novell, etc), role-based access control (RBAC), or other identity and access management technologies.
- Experience with e-learning, including authoring products like Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate or equivalent.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent degree.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.