Vendor Manager, NA
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and handle bookings online.
Our Global Customer Experience Team is seeking a Vendor Manager who will focus on ensuring our vendors are delivering the highest quality services to our customers by evaluation of processes and procedures. In this position you will collaborate with both external vendors and internal partners across all North America HomeAway brands with focus on improving customer experience performance in customer service, sales and operations. Critical metrics include service level, conversion, quality, customer contact rate, and costs. You will play a role in handling vendor relationships, defining process and systems between our HomeAway product and processes that improve customer experience. Reporting directly to the Director of Global Outsourcing, you will work in a matrices environment. This role will require domestic and international travel up to 20% of the time.
More of what you will be doing:
- Participating in defining and implementing process and tool integration between HomeAway and third-party vendors to ensure strong customer experience across a variety of HomeAway products and services
- Launching new vendors to handle transactional work relating to customer service, payments and operations
- Ensuring critical performance levels are being achieved spanning customer, operational and business objectives
- Participating actively in the forecasting process and ensuring that staffing and scheduling are appropriate for the expected volumes
- Participating in standard vendor governance programs, including day-to-day performance management, weekly operational reviews, quality calibration calls and quarterly business reviews
- Leading process, policy and product programs to improve customer experience for work handled by our third party vendors
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place to satisfy financial and compliance audits
- Reconcile and approve monthly invoices
- Leading other ad-hoc critical projects supporting the Global Customer Experience strategic objectives
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering field is required and advance degree is a plus
- 5+ years meaningful experience - vendor management, business analyst, sales management and/or customer service management experience preferred
- Shown experience of leading strategic, cross-organizational programs to positively impact sales and/or customer experience
- Deep understanding of operational excellence using techniques such as Six Sigma, lean solutions and other statistical tool sets
- Ability to work effectively in cross-organizational/regional team
- Self-starter with a bias for action and be ability to work towards results
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.