Vice President of Operations and Procurement at Kendra Scott
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The VP Operations and Procurement will provide leadership and operational oversight for our Distribution, Logistics, Trade Compliance and Procurement functions at Kendra Scott. This role is responsible for the overall operation of the distribution network with a main focus on driving efficiencies in cost and service levels. This individual must be experienced in managing distribution networks, Third Party Logistics providers and transportation operations. The individual will be tasked with integrating retail, wholesale and e-commerce operations together to create synergies in processes and costs. The individual will work with key cross-functional partners throughout the organization to coordinate the execution of receipts and shipments to over 108 stores, several wholesale clients and e-commerce customers. This critical role will play an essential role in developing a strategy for managing Supply Chain operations in a growth retailer. Brings a solid track record of building and managing successful teams.
• Responsible for directing distribution center operations.
• Responsible for managing and cultivating strong partnership with on-site, third-party logistics providers to ensure performance levels and key metrics are achieved.
• Evaluate key performance measures to improve the productively, timeliness and accuracy of deliveries to stores.
• Lead continuous process improvement and optimization efforts of distribution center, transportation networks and systems.
• Be able to evolve the logistics functions with a rapidly growing business by improving the distribution network company-wide from a cost and process perspective.
• Provide strong leadership to guide and develop teams, in order to build a strong management bench, through effective coaching, mentoring, training and performance feedback.
• Lead the evolution of a digitally enabled distribution network.
• Responsible for the financial management of the logistics and transportation budget with specific P&L responsibilities.
• Ensure compliance with all company and facility policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelors degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or the equivalent in experience is required.
• 10+ years experience of management experience in the distribution, logistics and transportation industry with a high-visibility track record of accomplishments.
• Proven experience in distribution center operations.
• Previous experience working with third party logistic providers is required.
• Previous multi-unit or omni channel experience is required
• Previous experience in negotiating transportation rates, service level agreements and contracts are required.
• Possess strong technical and solid business analysis skills; in depth knowledge of current technologies and concepts and its application in the distribution process.
• Strong background in utilization of a Warehouse Management System.
• Strong leadership, talent development and team building skills are necessary.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills.
• Proven ability to define, analyze and develop methods to optimize the receiving, order selection and shipping functions.
• Ability to manage a full operating budget, utilizing strong budgeting and cost containment skills, for distribution and transportation functions.
• Flexible team player with ability to manage operational and organizational change.
• Background in managing international trade compliance is required
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel), Outlook
• Previous experience managing a Procurement function is preferred.
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy