Vice President, Review Operations - US at DISCO
The VP, Review Operations will be responsible for running and scaling the US managed review offering. Critical to the success of this role is leading the Review team in the optimal alignment of features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, including leveraging well-established best practices and developing customized workflows. The VP will play a strategic role in continuing to develop an innovative approach to document review through leveraging DISCO's best in class AI and analytics. The right candidate will join the DISCO team and approach each day with an equal passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology in the market and for the growth and leadership of the people on the Review Operations team. Our ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management with a desire to help our clients - and the greater industry - evolve and innovate. This position will report directly to the SVP of Professional Services.What You’ll Do:
- Maintain responsibility for strategic vision of the US Review business and ensure that tactical delivery by the review management team aligns
- Provide advisory and oversight of active projects being delivered by your team, from pre-sales to post-delivery. Drive toward client satisfaction, revenue, and margin goals.
- Collaborate with the Review Sales leadership to set pricing and project margin for standard review engagements
- Maintain oversight of revenue estimates tracked by the review management team to ensure all engagements for the business unit achieve revenue and margin objectives
- Provide oversight and leadership for the review management team including the hiring, training, coaching, workload balancing, and performance management
- Engage with DISCO clients on complex matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features to increase the value they derive from our technology, including DISCO AI
- Assist in project communication between clients and DISCO as needed, acting as an senior leadership on complex or challenging projects
- Ensure coordination of facility and logistic considerations for domestic managed review services
- Partner with Sales leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance to align on strategy, reporting progress to meet quarterly and annual targets
- Experienced leader with 10+ years of experience as an attorney and 5+ years of experience in the management of review operations
- Possess a J.D.
- Excellent communicator who is able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and instills confidence in clients
- Experience managing a budget, projecting revenue and managing margin
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and knowledge
- Use and understand industry-standard review and production tools including DISCO, Relativity, Everlaw etc.
- Consummate problem solver with a strategic mindset
- Comfortable creating, tracking, and analyzing project and financial metrics
- Natural people leader who develops team members and enables them to become more effective and take on more significant responsibilities
- Self-starter who is action oriented and possesses a strong sense of urgency
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.