VP Of Enterprise Applications at Cloudflare
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Provides leadership and direction in the management of Cloudflare internally facing enterprise applications, including Financial systems, Go-To-Market Systems and HR Systems, among others
- Mentors the Enterprise Applications teams for HR Information Systems, NetSuite, and a variety of other business unit specific applications.
- Building a world class applications team to support an ambitious growth plan
- Working with department leaders, directs strategic planning for enterprise application roadmap for Cloudflare.
- Liaises with leadership across Cloudflare to ensure technology services Cloudflare needs and determine future needs.
- Ensures overall technical performance of business processes, and works with functional heads and process owners maintain end-to-end process performance, enhancements and KPI health
- Jointly defines and establishes Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with functional leaders
- Ensures compliance with SOX ITGC controls for Enterprise Systems in scope of SOX
- Manages the IT Applications team resources and activities to meet the objectives and clearly measurable performance standards set forth in service level agreements between IT and the business units.
- Evaluates application support model in pursuit of process improvements, productivity improvements and growth opportunities for team members.
- Determines processes, projects and procedures to create efficiencies. Finds opportunities for doing so across Cloudflare, and creating operational leverage to support efficient growth
- Provides leadership to implementation planning for software rollouts, products and services.
- Leverages Cloudflare technology investments by maximizing life, utility and maintenance of systems.
- Working with the rest of the IT team, Legal, Procurement, stakeholders and hardware, software and services vendors to ensure the appropriate approach, due diligence, selection criteria, and contractual terms are applied.
- Effectively communicates applicable technology solutions to IT colleagues and Cloudflare business units/stakeholders.
- Developing and managing within an operating and capital budget.
- Manages relationships and negotiations with strategic enterprise applications partners
- Builds and participates in governance forums to bring end-to-end thinking across functional departments
- Bachelor Degree in Technology, Information Systems, Analysis, Business or relevant experience.
- 12+ years managing and delivering IT services and projects in a software application technology environment.
- 7+ years leading an enterprise applications organization.
- Experience in a public software company environment under SOX compliance requirements.
- Prior experience building and leading teams who tackle complex problems and perform broad technology implementations.
- Knowledge of enterprise application support and implementation.
- Knowledge of end-to-end business processes in a software technology environment
- Broad based leadership and general business management experience gained in a variety of assignments, functions, and business environments including distributed team and remote management
- Ability to negotiate contracts with controls and service levels
- Broad understanding of technology and technology evaluation techniques.
- Analysis and creative problem solving techniques.
- Working knowledge of technology security and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with technology trends and assess business value.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple budgets as well as set, communicate and achieve business goals.
- High accountability and ownership, and ability to achieve outcomes leading by influence and partnership, even when not everything may be in your direct control.
- Strong understanding of business processes in a SaaS environment
- Experience in a high growth environment
- Used to working in a strong engineering driven culture, with fast delivery cycles where requirements tend to be fluid
- Workday, Netsuite and Salesforce experience
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.