VP, Infrastructure at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Vice President, Infrastructure is responsible for leading the Infrastructure Services and Operations teams including operational results, people development, and budget management. This leader functions as the point of accountability to identify and rapidly resolve all infrastructure and operations issues with IT systems and processes, coordinating across local and regionally managed service providers. Expertise in establishing strong governance with effective processes, procedures, utilizing key IT service management (ITSM) techniques, policies, along with establishing SLA's, KPIs and other key operational metrics.
The Vice President has responsibility for defining the technical roadmap for these services. Using and interpreting your broad functional business and industry knowledge, you will develop business-aligned IT strategies. In this role you will lead Service Operations, Identity and Access Management, End User Computing, Telephony, cloud infrastructure, cloud TechOps, and Networking.
- Establish proactive operations, standardization efforts, and appropriate toolsets with automation and orchestration that will transform much of IT operations in all core areas
- Ensure the optimal management of the system availability, performance, and capacity management proactively for the core infrastructure areas
- Lead automation design, development, and delivery to improve the availability, scalability, latency, compliance, and operational efficiency of services
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives that drive step change improvements in operational performance of infrastructure, networks, and services
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects, including identification of project scope, requirements, deliverables, and coordination of project design and implementation of activities including integrating acquired companies into the core technology processes and systems
- Establish the metrics dashboard for IT operations that effectively measures performance and drives continuous improvement and situational awareness across IT teams and vendor partners
- Experience in implementing and managing hybrid IT/Cloud deployments, with strong skill sets and knowledge with practices and procedures to accommodate hybrid IT operations
- Lead SRE teams on large-scale projects complete with technical deep dives into code, networking, operating systems, and/or storage
- Experience building out enterprise architecture, designing infrastructure environments with distributed enterprise systems, and implementation standards
- Develop multi-year roadmaps, provide vision and work with individual architects to translate this into tactical engineering blue prints
- This position has supervisory responsibility over the Infrastructure Operations Team
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have 12+ years technology background focusing on enterprise infrastructure
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture and engineering experience including virtualization, cloud, server, storage, and networking (i.e: VMWare, Openstack, Openshift, Kubertenes, dockers, etc.)
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS in AWS, Azure, Oracle, and/or any other public or private cloud providers
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, designing infrastructure environments with distributed enterprise systems, architecture, and implementation standards
- Experience in DevOps, containers, microservices, APIs, infrastructure & cloud orchestration and monitoring technology is a big plus
- Experience in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity initiatives\Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies, tools and measurement practices.
- Prior experience evaluating and implementing “Best in Class” enterprise-wide security solutions
- Prior experience leading an Infrastructure team in a SOX and/or SOC 2 regulated company
- Direct experience improving and scaling an operations team leveraging ITSM and ITIL practices.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in building cloud platforms, leveraging public cloud, and container ecosystems
- Excellent proficiency in a variety of platforms including databases, machine learning, modern runtimes, cloud native architectures and paradigms, continuous build, testing, and deployment platforms
- Knowledge of networking, storage, IaaS, PaaS solutions, cloud operations, system administration, service desk.
- Effectively influences IT senior leaders and business leaders on industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and systems; challenge the status quo in support of the technology direction
- Expertise in providing mentorship to multiple teams in broad technical areas on complex enterprise-wide projects
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company, required.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent problem solving, root cause analysis skills. Able to readily diagnose system deficiencies and independently design and implement effective solutions to complex technical problems
- Exceptional management & organizational skills enabling real time prioritization, an effective intake process for the team and a strong ability for holding the team accountable to results
- Project Management (PMP), Governance & Service Management (ITIL, COBIT), Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF), MCSE, or VCP certifications a plus (MCSE/VCP/VCAP/CCNA/CCNP, etc.)
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.