VP of Operations
We are seeking a hands-on VP of Operations to join our Executive Team. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will drive day-to-day execution, process, and metrics rigor at DISCO while also managing special projects, cross-functional initiatives, and a regular cadence of alignment activities, including OKRs, quarterly offsites at multiple levels, and annual kickoff.
What You’ll Do
- Operational adjunct to the CEO, bringing day-to-day execution and process rigor to the CEO’s priority projects.
- Create an enterprise-wide “process map,” working with business units to ensure clear integration points and process ownership.
- Measure adherence to and effectiveness of business processes and drive continuous improvement across the business.
- Build a PMO function and manage cross-functional projects such as new systems implementations, new geography or product launches, and consulting engagements across various departments.
- Own agenda and facilitation of weekly Senior Staff meeting, quarterly executive offsites and leadership offsites, and annual company kickoff; drive follow-through on action items.
- Collaborate with Finance and BI on the development of company metrics and reviews and identify improvement action items; organize and lead quarterly operations reviews for core functions.
- Manage OKR program company-wide.
Who You Are
- 10+ years in an operations role at high-growth (>100% y/y revenue growth) software companies during a high-growth stage and/or management consulting or private equity consulting / portfolio operations working with high-growth software companies.
- Analytic rigor and a metrics-based approach to managing business functions at scale; critical attitude to performance in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Leadership and communication skills with employees at all levels of seniority; ability to forge alignment and get buy-in to processes and process change at all levels of a large organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- Deep experience working with revenue-generating teams and programs with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Problem solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines and various subject matters
Location and travel requirements
The VP of Operations will work full time from the DISCO headquarters in Austin, TX traveling occasionally within the US and abroad as required.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.