VP of Operations at Social Solutions
What You'll Do
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- The Vice President of Operations is responsible to lead Social Solutions services organization through aggressive growth and advance of our solutions to the markets we serve. Critical components of this are:
- Build an organization that focuses on unlocking the value of our software, technology and data
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team
- Provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization
- Overall responsible for developing and managing the overall services strategy and operations for the company's business in the following areas: Professional Services, Consulting, Managed Services and Client Support. Primary focus areas are:
- Responsible to provide oversight and direction to the management of our services organizations to ensure we meet or exceed customer satisfaction, company standards while meeting business financial objectives
- Establish scalable operating practices that optimize interactions across the organization to ensure a positive customer experience
- Develop, monitor and respond to KPIs that help drive continuous improvement
- Manage services P&L, meeting objectives and key results, including such things as utilization, bookings, revenue, margins
- Looks for methods to improve quality, efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, and improve control measures
- Drive new revenue streams by developing new service offerings and follow through to support sales success by working with marketing, training and sales enablement
- Coaches and develops the team to ensure they are delivering against key business metrics
- Improve customer experience
- Develop processes to ensure our team is achieving the highest degree of customer satisfaction
- Develop systems to measure results and to ensure we are delivering our services on time, on budget and to exceed customer expectations
- Work directly with our customers to resolve significant escalations
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on new tasks with a general attitude that no task is too small, impossible, or cannot be improved
- Work autonomously while ensuring COO expectations are readily met and exceeded
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represents the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop strategic company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations objectives across the organization
- Contribute to organization development and act as an operational change agent
- Proven current leadership experience in building and developing services organizations
- Revenue and margin responsibility for a services organization
- Operational Excellence, six sigma level execution capability
- A track record of leading from the front and ability to demonstrate how to organize for success, across all aspects of with customers
- Deep expertise in project management and services operations in support of mission critical projects, including tools for project management, resource management, and knowledge management
- A hands-on approach when it comes to customers engagement, contract and project management – driving with urgency
- Ability to make tough decisions, to change and adapt quickly, while remaining focused on customers
- Recognized as valued and trusted advisor in relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors and other industry professionals
- Proven strong change management skills demonstrated by leading organizational changes and transformation, building scale and efficiency, developing talent and a strong culture
- Minimum ten years' progressive executive leadership
- MBA strongly preferred
- Experience working in technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to scale and grow services business
- Demonstrated experience in managing a business P&L
- Public Sector experience a plus
- Excellent leadership, communications, presentation and talent development skills very important
- Based in Austin, TX
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.