Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
- Build and execute Wheel’s Operations roadmap and strategy to meet scaling needs while balancing the health of our dynamic two-sided marketplace
- Lead, coach, and develop a large, multi-disciplinary team that includes Clinical Operations, Clinical Supply Operations, Marketplace Operations and Support
- Develop and provide consistent operational reporting to be presented to Executives, the Board of Directors, and investors
- Thoughtfully organize and scale the Operations organization to meet current and future growth
- Create and enhance processes to optimize our supply against planned and targeted demand by collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams and leveraging data to inform decisions
- Build deep, data-driven operational processes to ensure scale and performance
- 10+ years experience in strategy, business operations or related roles, with at least 3+ years of experience at a high growth company
- 5+ years leadership experience building and leading large, multi-disciplinary teams
- Intellectually agile; a strategic thinker who can think deeply and quantitatively about business problems, breaking down issues, and presenting solutions
- Strong analytically; master in excel and building/analyzing forecast models to inform decisions
- Strong demonstrated ability of combining analytical skills, strategy, project management skills, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Healthcare, Digital Health, and/or Healthcare Technology industry desired
- MBA or Master’s degree strongly preferred
Wheel continues to maintain its commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and believes pay transparency is an important component. We are reviewing our internal policies and practices to ensure this is enabled for all employees, regardless of where they are located. In the meantime, this role can be performed remotely, with the exception of Colorado on a temporary basis. Colorado-based candidates will resume consideration in Q1 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description