VP, Title and Closing at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
As the head of the organization, the president needs to exhibit leadership qualities such as the ability to articulate and share a vision, the transmission of optimism, and the ability to obtain input and then, share purpose-driven goals, In addition, the president must radiate confidence and engage employees through building trust and demonstrating that they care about employees.
- Lead the strategy, planning, implementation, and execution of the title and settlement operations.
- Provide leadership and overall direction for all staff members.
- Lead, guide, and direct the work of all staff members.
- Formulate and implement a strategic plan that guides the direction of the business.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape: Note opportunities for expansion: customers, markets, new industry developments, and standards.
- Working with their teams, the President will ensure the implementation of solutions and identify preventative measures and leading indicators of performance.
- Research and develop the state-level title and closing policies and procedures to ensure all local requirements are satisfied.
- Evaluate work streams and identify activities to be performed centrally or locally in an effort to maximize efficiency and productivity while maintaining the highest customer service and quality standards.
- Mentor and coach their teams in planning, execution, client interaction to building a progressive and resilient organization.
- Establish policies and procedures compliant with underwriting bulletins to ensure activities performs by title teams are accurate and error-free.
- Resolve escalated issues and problems.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in title and closing in an executive role.
- Minimum of 7+ years in the title or closing operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or other related major.
- Ability to build effective relationships that inspire motivation, engagement, and commitment from employees. The president needs to understand that relationships are the foundation of how well the organization performs.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Capable of generating a high degree of respect and trust to develop, maintain strong relationships with business partners across all levels of stakeholders.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.