Paid Social Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Paid Social Marketing Manager to join our Digital Marketing team! This role will allow you to work across the entire marketing group; including the Digital, Product, Automation and Content teams. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals driving MRR and revenue growth, while focusing on conversion rate optimization throughout the entire customer journey.
What you’ll do
- Drive, build and grow our paid social program with a relentless focus on creating a targeted, high-value, lead generation funnel.
- Own the strategy, launch, administration, optimization and budget for all paid social media efforts.
- Lead day-to-day operation and management of all paid social efforts.
- Partner with organic social media and digital content leaders to develop campaigns, offers, audiences, and funnels that resonate with our targeted personas.
- Build strong and relevant audiences within social platforms and leverage them to drive growth.
- Gather and analyze data to make informed decisions for bidding strategy, creative testing, and landing page performance.
- KPI’s - focus on improving metrics that move the needle toward specific goals.
- Manage the reporting and communication of results within the marketing and product teams.
- Test, test and then test some more. Ongoing audience, geographical, behavioral and creative tests will be a priority and a part of a consistent and structured testing schedule.
- Forward thinking and experimenting with the latest algorithm changes and beta-testing opportunities
- Ensure accomplishment of goals, this includes lead volumes, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics.
- Strategize cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product for maximum impact.
Who you are
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, math, finance, communications, or a related field
- 5+ highly successful years direct experience in paid social marketing, ideally with 2+ years experience in demand generation for software vertical
- Technically Experienced
- Tracking (eg. Pixel configuration & implementation),
- Audience Building & Data Mining (eg. Facebook, Adwords, Linkedin, Twitter)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Segment, MixPanel)
- Data APIs (eg. Clearbit, Datanyze)
- CMS (eg. WordPress, Craft)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills; SQL a plus
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred
- Strategist - You understand how paid social can be used to drive growth across different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events