Partner Business Development Manager
The Business Development team at Spredfast is looking for a Partner Manager to function as the liaison between the Spredfast sales organization and the external partners within the Spredfast ecosystem. Success in this role will mean exceeding aggressive goals for ecosystem sourced new business opportunities, as well as leveraging our partner ecosystem to influence the successful closing of existing pipeline opportunities.
This person will maintain relationships with a growing list of partners across the globe and be the main point of contact for all sales interactions to provide expertise in these respective channel markets. The type of person that will thrive in this role is well-rounded, has great communication skills, is hungry to learn, enjoys building relationships and can get passionate about the evangelizing the story of an open platform to external constituents.
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying, creating, and fostering the strategic relationships with social network and ecosystem partners. We also manage the relationships and processes that interface with the Spredfast product development, marketing, sales, and services teams. Our group is known for being a demanding, result-oriented, high-performance team and are looking for a self-starter with excellent emotional intelligence skills to take on projects that promote the value of our integrations and partnerships to customers, internal stakeholders, and external partners. This requires the ability to strategically sell joint-value with a partner while balancing multiple priorities, uncover insights from our existing data, improve our team processes, streamline operations with other business units, and perform select market research projects in the digital marketing landscape.
- Lead the creation, coordination, and execution of channel sales opportunity generation and influence within the growing Spredfast partner ecosystem
- Build deep relationships into partner sales organizations including sales reps, pre-sales, and professional services staff
- Manage external strategic partner angles throughout all stages of a sales cycle, from inception to close, while considering applicable commercial agreements
- Collaborate with internal Business Development, Sales, Enablement, and Product teams on channel sales strategy and execution
- Achieve aggressive partner-driven sales goals; specifically sourcing new business and influencing existing pipeline and renewals
- Qualify channel sales opportunities generated by partner marketing to ensure appropriate level of follow through and commitment including events, webinars, and other lead gen activities
- Provide analysis of go-to-market programs in order to prioritize marketing efforts
- Deliver sales enablement and education programs in conjunction with partner marketing to external sales organizations that depict joint value propositions between Spredfast and partners
- Prepare both partner-facing and internal reporting; internal reporting to include opportunity creation and overall pipeline impact of partners
- Synthesize and present your findings in a clear, articulate, and compelling way
- 3-5 years of experience in Business Development including experience with channel sales within an ISV, VAR, or similar partner model
- Experience in a quota carrying role (sales or account management) within a SaaS or similar technology organization
- Have previous knowledge of contracts, RFPs, and other deal cycle activities
- Self-starter who can thrive with a balance of autonomous work and frequent opportunity for collaboration
- Experience working with complex relationships and an ability to handle open-ended design projects that may be ambiguous
- Seasoned prospecting and discovery skills using various methods
- Results driven, attention to detail and follow-through, and ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization and with partners
- Passion for cloud technology software, content management, traditional media, social media, and cross-platform integrations
- Excellent relationship, communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent); Masters Degree a bonus
- Ability to travel 50%+
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.