Product Marketing Manager
Duo Security is a high growth, venture-backed security startup based in Ann Arbor, MI. Founded in 2010 by renowned security experts Dug Song and Jon Oberheide, Duo Security is used by thousands of organizations every day to provide strong trusted access security.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth, pre-IPO powerhouse while building your career? As a Product Marketing Manager (PMM), you will play a critical role in both developing and executing the Go To Market (GTM) strategy for Duo. This position is expected to collaborate with various stakeholders from product management, marketing, sales, sales engineering, customer success and the management team on a regular basis. This is a highly visible role in the company and has the potential to make a significant impact to the business objectives of Duo.
Once you start working at Duo, you will be expected to:
Spend time engaging with product management, sales teams, and customers to develop a deep understanding of our target audience and their pain points, our unique value proposition, and the competitive landscape. You will use this knowledge to plan, produce, and deliver compelling product marketing initiatives that include product literature, presentations, and thought leadership papers.
You will also:
- Lead drafting, editing, and production of high-quality, impactful product marketing materials, press releases, presentations and thought leadership content.
- Create and deliver high-quality, persuasive, and informative presentations about our products in formal and informal settings – industry, partner, and corporate events, sales calls, product demos, and webinars.
- Develop compelling messaging, positioning, and packaging for Duo’s product line.
- Perform regular market research and analysis on competing product features, pricing, and positioning.
- Develop, maintain, and expand training materials for our sales organization and channel partners regarding our capabilities and competitive differentiation.
- Conduct win/loss interviews with customers and deliver internal presentations on key findings
- Create datasheets, brochures, whitepapers, case studies, presentations, demos, and website content.
- Lead product launches and releases. Coordinate with multiple cross-functional teams to plan, create and publish launch deliverables.
- Work closely with field and channel marketing to support ongoing awareness and demand generation programs.
Before joining Duo you are expected to have:
- At least a 4-year college degree with an analytical/engineering/economics/mathematics focus. An MBA is a definite plus.
- 7+ years of product management and/or product marketing experience in information security and/or enterprise IT. Specific experience in authentication and access management a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Experience in public speaking.
- Solid understanding of technology fundamentals and current trends (BYOD, mobile, social, consumerization of IT, cloud, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical marketing content.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and technologies into business-oriented value propositions.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills.
- Driven, self-motivated, and willing to go the distance to deliver on our marketing initiatives.
- Ability to perform in a high-energy and highly demanding work environment where change is a constant.
- Attentive to details, quality, and accuracy.
- Strong ability to multitask, manage multiple deadlines and priorities, and drive projects through to completion, while collaborating with other teams within the company.
- Willingness to travel. Visiting customers, prospects, and partners may be required from time to time.
We prefer but not require you have:
- An MBA or similar masters degree
- Direct experience in enterprise IT security as a practitioner or vendor
- Direct experience in high growth companies and startups
We want you to:
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Have a good balance with work, fun and personal life
- Be comfortable with change and the unpredictable nature of a high growth tech startup
- Prefer trying and failing instead of getting it perfect the first time
Excited? We can't wait to hear from you!
Duo is at a very exciting stage and we want you to join us in this amazing journey. Make sure to re-read this posting, checkout Duo’s website and read a few articles about Duo before applying.