Product Marketing Specialist
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway Software is looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to join our team. HomeAway Software delivers the leading software and mobile app solutions needed by professional vacation property managers to attract guests, run their business, and deliver great guest experiences. The Product Marketing Specialist will report in to HomeAway Software's Director of Marketing. Responsibilities include crafting messaging and positioning for products, working with the product and customer support teams on current customer communications, supporting the sales team with marketing tools, and serving as a market-facing subject matter expert for the software product. An eye for quality, a passion for both the travel industry and for Business-to-Business (B2B) software solutions, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing, the lead Product Marketing Manager, key product managers, and senior sales team members on crafting a strong go-to-market position for HomeAway Software’s product and overall suite.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, buyer personas, and market segments. Responsible for quarterly updating of competitive and customer insights.
- Drive sales enablement in a continuous cadence ensuring an effective on-brand strategy tied to revenue. Includes development of product introduction presentations, data sheets, playbooks, and other sales tools.
- Guide the marketing team on creating and promoting compelling benefit-focused messaging and positioning for HomeAway Software’s solutions, may include developing blog post content and webinar content.
- Ensure organization is ready for successful feature launches, including developing go-to-market strategies and guiding others to meet all timelines.
- Participate in cross—organizational HomeAway product leadership meetings, as they relate to our business.
- Become highly knowledgeable about HomeAway Software and our solutions so that you are a part of the key team who back up our sales team in high priority client meetings and external presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of software product marketing experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience supporting an enterprise sales team with sales tools and training.
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex concepts into easy to understand positioning and messaging.
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical skills, and an attention to detail required.
- Results-focused, team-oriented, with the ability to work independently as needed.
- Strong work ethic.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.