BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate, and grow their businesses online. As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using Bigcommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to work closely with engineers, product designers, and business development team to lead the development of new exciting capabilities on our platform. You will be focused on the Omni-channel area of BigCommerce platform working on the Marketplaces, Marketing and Ads channel integrations. You will be working closely with the rest of the Product & Engineering Team that will support you all the way through to get familiarity with this area and help you grow your Product Management expertise.What you’ll do:
- Being fully responsible for one or a few product domain areas and leading development team(s) which have to provide a high quality product to the market.
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders (organization of process of gathering requirements; always be in-touch with Sales Department, Supports, Customers, and other Product Managers within the company)
- Define and communicate business outcomes and performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Preparing comprehensive description of Stories and Epics for development team(s)
- Working with the Design team to prototype new features.
- Validating new functionality with customers before development.
- Enthusiastically lead your teams, consisting of developers, designers, and quality engineers, towards your vision with effective delivery.
- Work collaboratively with your teams to break complex projects into small projects, with each iteration adding more customer value.
- Explain to the development team(s) all details of stories before/over development (organization of explanation process — planning, grooming meetings etc.)
- Provide feedback after testing of stories which were specified by yourself.
- Demo new functionality to the stakeholders, the organization and customers.
- Analyze the entire product and propose ways to improve it.
- Manage the product backlog and sprint backlog in Jira. Make it clear and up-to-date.
- Analyze data to measure the impact of product improvements, and then iterate to constantly optimize performance.
Who you are:
- Depending on the size and type of teams/companies you’ve worked at in the past, that could translate to anywhere from 1 to 2 years’ experience in a hands-on product management role.
- You’ve worked with different eCommerce, POS, PIM or ERP systems, and you understand the needs and trends in the B2C and B2B eCommerce space.
- You’ve shipped products that customers use and love.
- You have worked in SCRUM Agile methodologies and understand the process.
- You’re passionate about building next-generation products for the fast-growing ecommerce industry.
- You have worked on platform artifacts and understand services, APIs and frameworks.
- You have a laser focus on the customer which enables you to have a deep understanding of their pain points and how they use the product.
- You use data to inform and defend your decisions.
- You’ve proven you can execute high-profile projects in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
- You’re able to develop a long term plan and then work with the team to break it into smaller chunks, each adding more customer value.
- You value market research and, when it comes to the competition, you have your finger on the pulse.
- You get excited about tackling big, complicated and often ambiguous problems.
- You understand that human behavior is complex and changing behaviors is a lot harder than building features and technology.
- You’re curious and love trying new things. You ask yourself “why did they build it that way?” or “what would happen if…?”
- You think analytically.
- You’re great at communicating and negotiating with cross-functional teams. You are a powerful influencer, and people like working with you even if they might disagree with you.