If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Do you want to solve one of the biggest challenges in a $1.8 trillion dollar industry? Are you passionate about empowering people with information? Are you inspired by how tech companies like Glassdoor, Yelp, and Zillow have made important information available in a fair and transparent way? Do you want to work on a product that empowers people and creates a more equal playing field?
We’re looking for an organized, goal-oriented, and passionate person to project manage our fastest growing products. Tens of thousands of contractors rely on Levelset to find essential information about the construction businesses they work with. In this role, you will make a difference in people’s lives by empowering them with information so they get paid faster and grow their businesses.
You will captain all aspects of a project. You’ll be responsible for working with multiple departments to set goals, conducting research, coordinating development, and communicating with the entire company. You will report directly to the Sr. Product Manager and work with a team of engineers, Directors, and senior people across Marketing, Data, Customer Success, and even the CMO and CEO. You’ll be the reason we bring new products to market that truly change contractor’s lives.
If you like to hustle, work on multiple projects at once with different people, and are the type that puts everything you do on your calendar (or project management software), you’ll love this role leading the team forward.
- Coordinate internal resources for bringing a project from an idea on paper to a usable product.
- Help define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Work directly with the Product Manager to define project scope and clarify specific requirements.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within deadlines.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track the progress of the project.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and implementation plans.
- Write and develop user stories coordinating with Design and handing off to Engineering
- Meet and work with Engineering to set deadlines and answer project questions throughout development.
- Delegate tasks for each new project to stakeholders and track progress to ensure completion of short and long term goals.
- Track project and product performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics, tools, and techniques.
We will know we made a great hire in a year if:
- You’ve got everyone excited to work with you and can lead other people to hit deadlines. You communicate articulately, thrive off social energies, and navigate change with a cool-under-pressure attitude.
- You’ve defined success for every project and the team knows the goals and objectives of each project.
- You’ve assembled and organized robust documentation on projects, product features, capabilities, decisions, and made it available for anyone at the company to find.
- You’ve introduced project plan templates and processes to handle complex interdependent tasks.
- You’re a problem-solver and don’t dwell on problems but instead understand them and propose a path forward.
- You’re one of Engineering’s favorite coworkers because you’ve helped them plan project tasks, communicate plans and updates to them and the company, answer product questions, and publicize their success.
- You’ve accurately estimated project scope, deadlines, and budgets all the while asking relevant stakeholders what we need to move faster and planning for those resources.
- You’re hungry to grow and have leveled up and ready to lead and be accountable for products.
- 1-3 years in a project management, product management, or growth marketing role at a SaaS or tech company.
- You’re a naturally curious person and passionate about learning.
- Experience in creating project plans and bringing an idea to life with various stakeholders.
- Past experience working directly with software engineers and not afraid of some technical talk.
- You love working with others. You’re effective in building, nurturing and maintaining strong relationships across people and teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects at once.
- Have an excellent eye for detail and determination for getting results.
- Enjoy the adrenaline of new challenges and evolving responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working with remote people.
- You’re the type that puts everything on your calendar
- You’re interested in growing into a Product Manager
- You have experience and knowledge of SEO and consumer facing products.
- You’re familiar with project management tools like Jira and other key software tools we use: Slack, Google Suite, Atlassian Suite.
- You’re familiar with Levelset or the construction industry.
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.