Associate Product Manager
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, brings together the best K-12 learning management system with assessment management to improve student performance, foster collaboration, and personalize learning. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why We Need You:
Our Product Management team works closely with our Product Design and Engineering teams to guide products from conception to launch. As a member of the PM team you'll bridge the technical and business worlds as you deliver solutions that our customers love. You’ll oversee the crafting and execution of improvements to the Schoology platform by speaking with customers and internal stakeholders, analyzing their feedback and translating that into the product roadmap. We all want to ensure that Schoology remains a leader in our space, and as an Associate Product Manager you’ll have a major impact on the success of our platform.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work with one of our core product teams, delivering innovation to our Learning Management System (LMS) and helping us deliver on our vision - to provide personalized learning for all learners.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will:
- Work with the Product Management team on the full lifecycle of the product planning process. This will include working with Product Design, Software Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams to plan and scope new projects
- Build out requirements including detailed acceptance criteria for your projects and review with the Product Management team
- Triage and prioritize customer reported defects
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to gather research, provide updates, and coordinate on-going initiatives
- Participate, plan, and coordinate customer interviews with the Product Management team
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- BS/BA: science, engineering or business administration, or relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in an Engineering, Product Management, or K-12 education environment, or similar role
- Effective collaboration experience across teams and organizations
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Have the strong ability to understand and communicate product and technical requirements as well as customer needs
- Have a strong ability to identify and manage competing priorities
- Be a highly motivated individual who is passionate about learning
Bonus points for:
- Experience with K-12 Education
- Experience in EdTech, with a focus on instructional practices and student outcome improvement.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.