Category Manager of Apparel
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial, and organized Category Manager to lead our Apparel vertical from ideation to delivery. Responsibilities of the Category Manager will span owning the product life-cycle across all apparel categories (tops, bottoms, outerwear, etc.) from end-to-end, including but not limited to:
- Working directly with the Founder/CEO and SVP of Merchandising to own the ideation, product development roadmap, development calendar and the entire product lifecycle for the category.
- Spearheading the design of all products within the category either by working independently, with the Tecovas team, and/or with contract designers and development agencies.
- Owning and overseeing the entire commercialization process from tech-pack development, to material selection and sampling, to prototyping and moving into production.
- Sourcing, developing, and nurturing the necessary factory and supplier relationships for the category.
- Working alongside the Creative, Marketing and Merchandising teams to develop the content calendar for the entire category.
- Partnering with the Finance, Merchandising and Planning teams to build the assortment plan, and revenue and margin goals for the category.
- Owning the cross-functional Product Launch process and storytelling (partnering with Marketing, Creative, CX, Retail and Operations teams to socialize our POV to our customers and teammates).
- Working with our Quality team to establish initial and ongoing QC and QA standards as relevant.
- Partnering with Finance and Planning teams to understand and react to post-launch and in-season performance across all channels.
- Owning category performance metrics to make in-season adjustments based on performance and customer feedback.
- Owning continuous improvement initiatives.
- Owning ideation and cycle restarting for line additions and sunsetting across product assortment.
This role will report directly to the SVP of Merchandising with heavy interaction with, and support from, our Founder/CEO.
The ideal Category Manager is an entrepreneurial, organized operator – with her/his heart and instincts set in the Product, Design, and/or Merchandising world. Specific desired qualifications include:
- 6-10+ years of Product experience, ideally across Product Development, Category Management/Ownership, Merchandising, Buying, and/or Product Operations and Planning
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- A track record that demonstrates an ability to own a category from ‘day 1,’ with minimal guidance needed to perform all of the ownership tasks described above
- Masterful ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions
- True passion for product – and ideally the products we make here at Tecovas!
- Experience with design and/or design software experience a major plus but not required
- Desire to scratch the 'entrepreneurial itch' and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with senior functional leaders
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Tecovas Team Gift Card!
Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand and was founded with the simple goal of making the world’s best western boots, apparel, and leather goods - and selling them at a fair price. Our passion for offering incredible customer experiences runs through the culture of our team - and we’re committed to making Tecovas an incredible place to work!
We’re growing - and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us to continue to grow. If you’re looking to be part of a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike, look no further.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!