Category Manager - Footwear
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a talented, entrepreneurial, and organized Category Manager to lead our Footwear vertical from ideation to delivery. Responsibilities of the Category Manager for Footwear will span owning the product lifecycle from end-to-end, including but not limited to:
- Working directly with the Founder/CEO and SVP of Merchandising to own the ideation, product development roadmap, development calendar and the entire product lifecycle for the category
- Creating and finalizing the design of all products within the category (working independently, with the Tecovas team, and/or with contract designers)
- Owning and overseeing tech pack development, BOM component selection, and material sampling processes for the category
- Sourcing, developing, and nurturing the necessary factory and supplier relationships for the category
- Working alongside the Creative team and SVP of Merchandising to develop the content calendar for the entire category
- Working alongside the Creative team to design, source, and finalize packaging for all category products
- Partnering with the Finance, Marketing, and Inventory teams to plan revenue and margin goals for the category
- Partnering with the Production team to hand off ‘evergreen’ products from launch to full production mode
- Owning the cross-functional Product Launch process and storytelling (partnering with Marketing, Creative, Finance, and Inventory teams)
- Setting up initial and ongoing QC and QA processes and team(s), as relevant
- Partnering with the Customer Experience, Marketing, and Inventory teams on ‘lookback’ analyses and learnings from new product launches
- Owning category performance metrics to make in-season adjustments based on performance and customer feedback
- Owning continuous improvement initiatives
- Owning ideation and cycle restarting for line additions to any category product
- Leading efficient and effective cross-functional meetings to push through each part of the product lifecycle
This role will report directly to the SVP of Merchandising with heavy interaction with, and support from, our Founder/CEO.
The ideal Category Manager is an entrepreneurial, organized operator – with her/his heart and instincts set in the Product, Design, and/or Merchandising world. Specific desired qualifications include:
- 5-10+ years of Product experience, ideally across Product Development, Category Management/Ownership, Merchandising, Buying, and/or Product Operations and Planning
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence
- A track record that demonstrates an ability to own a category from ‘day 1,’ with minimal guidance needed to perform all of the ownership tasks described above
- Masterful ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions
- True passion for product – and ideally the products we make here at Tecovas!
- Experience with design and/or design software experience a major plus but not required
- Desire to scratch the 'entrepreneurial itch' and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with senior functional leaders
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!