Cloud - Director of Product Management, SaaS at Elastic
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced product leader to be responsible for the growth and go-to-market aspects of Elastic Cloud, Elastic’s rapidly growing hosted service.
We are looking for a person who has helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of a technology focused SaaS product and has experience in leading a fast growing product offering and a team of Product Managers who are distributed around the world.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, develop and grow a team of highly skilled Product Managers.
- Work closely with the Elastic Cloud Engineering Team and Tech leads to define and maintain a shared vision for the future of Elastic Cloud.
- Drive growth of the service by continuously iterating and improving the user on-boarding and ongoing product experience.
- Work with upstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to ensure awareness and alignment of the priority and timing of critical features and changes, and their applicability to the Elastic Cloud platform.
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis and enablement.
- Collaborate with the Elastic community team on promotional activities for Elastic users across the world.
- Gather market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights
What you bring along:
- You bring a minimum of 10 years in Product Management, of which at least 5 years have been spent leading product teams and managing technology focused SaaS products
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Solid understanding and familiarity with cloud technologies (such as AWS, Azure, and GCP) and developer-focused products
- Solid understand of SaaS business models and sales motions
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour
Experience/interest in some of these areas would be nice:
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack, or experience with one or more of the common use-cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, business analytics, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed
- Good sense of user experience and design