Brand Specific Description:
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of travelers and partners rely on Expedia Group’s marketplace daily. We believe in the value of empowering our engineering teams with event streaming, bid data compute, data discovery and AI/ML solutions to enable them to innovate and scale the future of the business.
As the product owner of our Cloud Platform you will work closely with internal customers, Engineers and Technical Product Managers to shape Expedia Group’s cloud strategy. You will serve as the primary focal point for the planning, design and adoption of core Cloud Platform product features.
What you'll do:
- Build the vision, strategy and roadmaps for Cloud Platform capabilities to drive a step change in engineering efficiency across all facets of Expedia Group.
- Responsible for close coordination with internal customers, cloud platform architects, and cloud platform engineering teams to understand cloud platform requirements.
- Define functional requirements and detailed backlog items for new product development and key enhancement requests.
- Ensure the product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all.
- Accelerate time to impact by driving a culture of experimentation, prototyping and iterative product delivery.
- Work across Expedia Group (Expedia, Hotels.com, Vrbo, etc.) to evangelize and apply Cloud innovations to create the world’s best travel experiences.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with customers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Continuously research market trends to have a clear pulse on innovation.
- Collect feedback and improve deployed products.
Experience and Qualification:
Who you are:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field and Master of Science or Business Administration degrees.
- 5+ years of experience in technical product management experience.
- Experience with lean startup or agile methodologies for developing and bringing new products to market.
- Solid understanding of data platforms and data strategies for large scale organizations.
- Expert in eliciting and documenting features & requirements from business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex and abstract concepts to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong teamwork, business acumen, and customer advocacy skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, software as a service, big data, security and privacy, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.