DATA DELIVERY PRODUCT MANAGER
Why YOU want this position:
As the Data Delivery Product Manager, you are at the center of a diverse group of stakeholders working hard to develop, support, and sell the oil and gas industry’s leading well, production and land data products. Internally, you will work closely with the other data focused product managers, data engineering team and with Sales, Support and Marketing. In addition, you will spend up to 25% of your time working with customers. This role requires a focus on developing requirements in support of Drillinginfo’s data delivery products, knowledge of customer workflows, and great communication skills. This position is based in Austin, TX and reports to the Director of Data Integration.
About the Role:
- You will be responsible for synthesizing the input of customers, internal subject matter experts, and sales to define Drillinginfo’s data delivery products.
- Conduct detailed analysis and prioritize data delivery enhancements in support of a unified delivery platform that includes REST API web services, GIS REST and WMS/WFS services, Direct MSSQL Link and an MS Excel plugin.
- Design and implement data structures presented within data delivery products based on client feedback and key data integration workflows.
- Collaborate with other product managers to prioritize data product releases based on the company roadmap, currently available resources, the most recent customer feedback, and changing market conditions.
- Implement data delivery product release communication and client usage measurement program
- Drive Drillinginfo’s data delivery products towards cross platform data consistency
- Work with Sales, Support and Marketing teams to provide training, demos, go-to-market messaging, webinars and product value propositions
- Travel, not to exceed 25%, is required of this role.
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- Five years of experience in the upstream oil and gas industry. Must have a working knowledge of the entire oil and gas life cycle including land, permitting, drilling, completing, production
- Strong working knowledge of at least one major industry software system is preferred. You will be expected to become a power-user of Drillinginfo’s web application tools and data delivery products.
- A passion for data management.
- Strong ability to conduct data research and analysis.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and SQL query capabilities geared towards analysis within Drillinginfo’s central data system.
- Strong understand of programming or scripting.
- Strong understanding of web protocols.
- Strong understanding of GIS software.
- Basic understanding of oil and gas regulatory reporting practices a plus.
- Success in sales or product management will make you stand out.