RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Analytics team at RigUp is responsible for all things data. We are focused on building an insights-driven organization powered through accurate, timely, and consistent data, leveraged by high energy people ready to reshape the world.
RigUp is hiring a Data Platform Product Manager that will be responsible for partnering with Data Engineering to build a world-class data platform to drive business success . Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone with a proven track record delivering Analytic Solutions to the business, thrive on establishing product roadmaps, and then driving your team to deliver on them, and has a desire to be part of building an analytics organization. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Leveraging strong background in data modeling and product management to build the product strategy and vision of our analytics ecosystem
- Leveraging relationships with stakeholders and analysts to understand requirements that shape the backlog and prioritizations
- Defining success criteria for your product, including SLAs and warranties around reliability and up-time
- Examining prototypes built by other analysts, developers to determine new features to build into your data platform
- Building a two-way certification program to enable users to self-service with the right data, at the right time
- Creating a positive team environment that elevates the value creation of the analytics team
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- 4+ years of related experience in either a data engineering, BI manager, or an Analytics Product Manager role
- 4+ years of experience using SQL, R, or Python at moderate to advanced levels
- 2+ years of dimensional data modeling experience
- 2+ years of roadmap building, or Agile backlog grooming experience
- Strong communication skills in both written and oral form
- Prior experience in direct people leadership a plus
- Experience working in a 2-sided marketplace a plus
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description