Director, IFP Health Plan Product - Product Development at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The Director, Health Plan Product – Product Development is responsible for driving product development within the Individual & Family Plan line of business for Bright HealthCare. This leader is directly responsible for IFP LOB product development strategies and activities required to effectively compete in the market. This leader will oversee key strategic product development initiatives focusing on benefit plan design development aimed at improving member growth and retention, member experience, and plan performance.
The Director, Health Plan Product – Product Development will partner closely with the IFP Competitive Intelligence, Actuarial and Finance teams to understand market opportunities and determine the best way to accomplish via benefit plan design innovation. This leader will work with Clinical, Pharmacy, Network, and Medical Cost Management teams to drive growth and performance of the IFP line of business. Additionally, the Director will partner closely with the Legal & Regulatory Compliance and Product Delivery team on aligning products to regulatory benefit standards and implementing product changes.
The Director, Health Plan Product – Product Development will also work to build standards and a repeatable Product Development process for the IFP Line of Business. This leader will build and lead IFP Product Development team including people, process, tools needed to successful accomplish key objectives. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, performance of the IFP Product Development team. A successful leader in this role will manage a high-performing team, including direct and matrixed staff, by providing clear direction and regular guidance.
The Director, Health Plan Product job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
1. Drive IFP Growth including managing Product Development, Market prioritization, network requirements for IFP, and Care Partner Selection
2. Lead Product Development Team, overseeing new product development national strategy of qualified health plans including but not limited to building Care Partner specific plans, new products and leading strategy with Markets, Rx, Clinical and Supplemental Products
3. Partner with IFP Product Delivery team to ensure successful cross functional implementation of benefit plan designs, including overseeing presentations on plan designs, maintaining accurate and timely Benefit Source of Truth, product positioning On and Off Exchange for marketing and sales, clinical and operations
4. Provide Day-to-Day management and on going expert support for plan designs post implementation (Live Markets)
5. Partner on key strategic initiatives for IFP, including growth, retention, member experience, and quality related initiatives
6. Collaborate with Bright Health Plan Leadership around strategy including growth, plan optimization and performance
7. Provide subject matter expertise to Bright Health Leadership and oversee educational materials and trainings for staff related to IFP strategic priorities and products
8. Develop and Coach team members and other teams across the organization on the IFP Marketplace
9. Other duties as assigned
This position has responsibility for supervisory responsibilities for members of the IFP Product Development team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare or related field is required; MPH or MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven to ten (7 – 10) years of experience within the healthcare industry or consulting required.
- Three (3) or more years of Healthcare Line of Business-related experience and/or Product Development required.
- Strong strategic, operational, and critical thinking capability required.
- Advanced proficiency and proven results with large project management and planning required.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal and external teams to effectively design and implement solutions that meet the business needs
- Strong leadership skills to ensure trust of cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinking with ability to translate ideas into action and outcomes
- Results driven, capable to clearly translating strategic objectives into implementable processes to drive outcomes
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.