Director, Product Management - Arts & Cultural at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
The Director of Product Management at Blackbaud is responsible for the worldwide performance and product strategy for our arts & culture vertical portfolio. He/she is responsible for leading a team of product managers to identify market opportunities, develop compelling offering strategies, and define product roadmap plans for the product lines. An emphasis is placed on experience with and the ability to develop and mentor product managers, establish processes to drive the product management process, and to lead the identification and execution of product line strategies and roadmaps.
Opportunity assessment and market analysis
- Research and identify unmet market problems and opportunity sizes; develop business plans for new and existing market opportunities
- Identify new and existing market opportunities
- Define market segments and addressable markets
- Develop business plans and recommendations
- Make Build/Buy/Partner decision to execute on opportunities
- Identify product offering strategy to meet the business plan including product PandL plan, pricing, offering tiers, distinctive and sustainable competence, compete strategy, investment requirements and priorities
- Identifying market segments served by product offering
- Defining offering tiers
Identifying and describing market problems and unmet needs
- Determine product distinctive and sustainable competence
- Develop compete strategy
- Identify cross-functional investment needs (product vs. services vs. support vs. marketing)
- Determine total solution licensing and pricing
- Grow a profitable product business, and use the product PandL to drive priorities
- Manage multi-year product roadmaps; prioritize product investments based on market opportunities; develop market requirements to drive the product roadmap
- Develop market requirements to deliver on offering strategy
- Prioritize market requirements and product release trade-offs
- Lead a team of product managers in the areas above for their respective product lines; develop and mentor team members and establish processes to drive team success
- Develop, retain, and hire product managers
- Lead cross-functional decision-making and collaboration
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of software Product Management leadership experience and/or specific vertical expertise
- Experience working in the arts & culture industry with ticketing solutions a requirement
- BS/BA required, MBA advantageous
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Outstanding cross-functional leadership and relationship and partnership skills (internal and external)
- Serve a variety of constituents with potential conflicting needs: Sales, Services, Support, and Product Development
- Creative thinker with the ability to identify alternatives
- Ability to build financial models and business cases; read and utilize a PandL for decision-making
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.