Director, Product Management Communications Platform at realtor.com
Who we are
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees focused on the journey home: from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door, and beyond, we’re there to help. Every month, over 70 million people visit our site and mobile applications, trusting us to assist them in these important decisions.
What you’ll do here can change lives. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in tech, make lots of new friends (that also happen to be co-workers), and help people make informed choices about one of the most meaningful things in their lives, their home.
We’ve got locations in Canada and the US, including great new digs in Austin TX, and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our mission to make home buying and selling easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Who we are looking for:
As Senior Director, Product Management for Consumer Communications Enablement, you’ll be responsible for the technologies and internal-facing products that will fuel our future growth, expand our consumer reach, and help diversify our business. Your team at realtor.com® will create the technology and experiences driving product and marketing activities that touch many millions of consumers.
In this role, you will lead a team to create a consumer communications & marketing platform that can automatically act on intelligent and personalized recommendations about next best actions for every consumer. You will work across teams and functions to create systems that allow for a coherent and engaging marketing strategy based on the consumer as our North Star.
As a leader in product management, you’ll coach the team to be more creative and bold in their plans, build deep collaboration with design and engineering, and ship systems that enable marketing and product to really fly.
It is imperative that you’re a motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to quickly grasp opportunities and apply exceptional product management skills to help the company capitalize on our mission to make buying, selling, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
What will keep you challenged?
In this role, you’ll partner closely with product leaders, marketing leaders, and technologists. You’ll lead the way as we lay out a plan to transform our marketing technology to create a truly enabling and intelligent platform. You’ll need to be comfortable with concepts ranging from data science to business strategy and consumer behavior. You’ll need to stand up for change when change is needed, and help bring collaboration and commitment to multiple teams.
- You will be responsible for making a meaningful impact on not only the growth of our business, but on the way people buy, sell, and live in their homes
- You will drive the identification and assessment of external solutions
- You will need to come up to speed quickly on the technology and processes we have, forming an opinion on what’s great and what could be better
- You will be required to coordinate product development efforts across multiple teams in multiple locations to ensure dependencies are dealt with inside as well as outside your portfolio
- You will have to do all of the above in an extremely fast-paced environment, making hard decisions and trade-offs quickly while working with the team on iterating their way to innovative solutions
- You will work with smart, curious and empathetic people that will constantly push you to be more strategic and ultimately, a better leader and professional
What will help you succeed?
- You have over ten years of relevant product management and leadership experience, with at least five years experience leading marketing technology efforts in a product role
- Solid background in marketing technology, CRM, system implementation and maintenance, technology integrations including use of APIs, and the use of first-party data in multichannel marketing
- Bonus for experience leading change in your organization, large or small
- Self-assured, and you find it fun to take on a big ask (small bites at a time)
- User-centered in style, background in both consumer-facing and B2B products
- Blend of experience from workplaces large and small
- You’re a true people person whom teams love to work with -- you grow and nurture your team to allow each person to uniquely shine
- You have a deep understanding of multi-product environments and associated platforms and technology
- Some background with two-sided marketplaces would be an added bonus
- You’ve got great soft skills -- friendly, approachable, clear communicator, open to ideas, generous giver and receiver of feedback
- Supportive of a highly-inclusive culture where everyone can belong
- You’ve got cultivated-over-time views about how great products are made, and how to do that well together with marketing, engineering, data science, and design
- You’ve mastered the art of product management, having developed an excellent nose for value, customer understanding, and technical abilities all the while building impactful products
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.