What will keep you challenged?
Data that describes a property from the number of bedrooms to neighborhood, tax history etc. is the foundation on which our user experiences are built. As a Director focused on Multiple Listing Services (MLSs) and other sources of content, your role is to ensure that we maintain robust relationships with our data partners. We provide them with the right tools, & technology and stay aligned on data usage policies. Additionally, you will grow new strategic partnerships to provide consumers more information and choice as they make one of the most important decisions of their lives. You will be comfortable with concepts ranging from data platform, data aggregation to business strategy and working with a wide range of partners and customers. You will stand up for change when it is needed and help bring collaboration to multiple teams.
- Build a deep understanding of MLSs, tools, technology and customer pain points.
- Ensure we have a sound product strategy and provide refreshing solutions to our customers.
- Elevate consumer experience through content partnerships that align with our business objectives.
- Come up to speed quickly on the technology and processes we have, forming an opinion on what’s great and what could be better
- Work with smart, curious and empathetic people that will constantly push you to be more strategic and ultimately, a better leader and professional
What will help you succeed?
- 10+ years of experience in software product management with at least 5 years in product leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-driven narrative
- Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders, building stronger product capabilities as a result
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to bring many parties and perspectives together, forge a vision and drive towards common goals.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, marketers and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- User-centred style, with a strong sense of empathy and experience driving product direction and execution based on user needs
- Respectful approach to guide, encourage (and even inspire!) a cross-functional team of designers and engineers, to allow each person to uniquely shine and contribute
- Desire to be part of and help create a highly-inclusive culture where everyone can belong
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
- Prior experience managing data and platform centric engineering teams highly desire
Prior experience in the real-estate industry is a plus but not required
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.