Director, Product Management
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Director of Product Management (DPM) is in a leadership position, responsible for the delivery of the product roadmap by prioritizing product development initiatives and owning the specification, development, and release processes of the LogicMonitor Platform. You will inspire the Product Management team to do the best work of their careers in a team environment with high trust, no fear of conflict, commitment, accountability, and attention to results. The Director of Product Management will ensure development efforts meet user needs, are aligned with company goals, and result in product shipped in a consistent, predictable cadence in alignment with an Agile based development process. Working in a collaborative manner with other functional teams (Sales, Marketing, etc.) on the product roadmap and through market analysis and KPI evaluation, the Director of Product Management will contribute heavily in helping to define the product strategy.
Here's a closer look at your duties in this key role:
- Delivery of the product roadmap in a predictable manner
- Management of the Product Management team members in an inspirational manner that ensures their success
- Comprehensive performance management of the Product Management team including hiring, training, active coaching and setting aggressive and realistic objectives
- Strong bilateral relations with other department heads (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services, Support and Development)
- Leadership in pushing and maintaining Agile development best practices
- Maintenance of KPIs used to measure product usage
- Continued satisfaction of existing customer base
- Evaluation of complementary products for potential inclusion or acquisition
- Evaluation of competing products in order to close potential gaps as necessary
- Evaluation of competing products in order to determine weaknesses (for use by sales and marketing)
- Direct communication of marketing to ensure product presentation is accurate and forthcoming
- Serve as the business lead within the product development team. Manage planning, prioritization, specification, acceptance and education processes for all product features
- Lead and perform market research to identify opportunities and quantify the business case for new projects. Prioritize product initiatives focused on growth, usage, and revenue - working with multiple stakeholders
- Define marketing requirements documents (MRDs) with substantiated customer/market feedback to support the product definition plus internal alignment on engineering team capabilities
- Develop, present and defend the business case for new project proposals
- Define product KPIs to collect and analyze, collaborating across the company to understand how those KPIs grow the platform, increase conversion, and optimize user workflows
- Work closely with engineering leads to engage, motivate, and lead the team towards successful product delivery. Work closely with engineering across the product lifecycle to write the product specifications, build the product and operate the platform. Ensure engineering team is delivering fixes and features that are prioritized by Product
- Establish rapport and processes with the Scrum Master to improve efficiencies and to refine the Agile workflow
- Work closely with the Marketing team on messaging, positioning and launch activities
- Work with the Sales team on newly launched product features to establish early customer traction and secure lead customers. Remain engaged in “alpha” customer sales activities through first customer sampling
- Provide internal and external updates on recent releases and product roadmap, soliciting feedback throughout; establish a reliable schedule and format. Includes release overviews, Marketing updates, release notes, etc.
- Champion the Voice of the Customer by leading market research related to product place, price, and promotion
- Ensure product voice is represented at all customer events by regularly attending roadshows and visiting customers
- Gather, analyze and report on product market data through product usage data and customer outreach
- Own A/B testing and experimentation: identify areas for improvements, define methodology and technical requirements and drive experiments to optimize the platform
- Evaluate complementary products (Network configuration management, external security scans, other) for existing market fit, investment required, opportunity cost, and potential revenue stream to determine priority within existing roadmap
What You'll Need:
- 8-10+ years experience managing product development prioritization and processes in B2B enterprise software in SaaS environment
- 2+ years in a management or leadership position in a Product Management team
- BS/BA or equivalent in CS or related technical fieldBachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- You have the ability and passion to drive innovative creative solutions in both experience design and technology
- You know and love Agile development processes and learn market validation techniques
- You can think macro on roadmap and business needs and micro on day-to-day product design and development
- You are a self-starter, knowing how to build just enough structure and process for a rapidly growing company
- You are confident presenting ideas and work to internal and external stakeholders
- You are metrics-oriented: able to use analytical data about product usage and adoption to drive further product investment to expose further value to customers
- You are a strong leader with strong organizational skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to capture feedback while creating enthusiasm around product direction