STRATEGY | LEADERSHIP | PROCESS
The Director of Product Management will own and drive the strategic direction for A Cloud Guru's Platform Alliance, a group of cross functional product teams dedicated to building products that serve our entire learning experience. You will lead the development of tools that help cloud students all over the world successfully learn and flourish in their careers. You will also develop our platform into a strong competitive advantage that will continue to evolve at pace with the ever changing cloud technology ecosystem! Your strength and leadership of the Product Management team, championing of the customer experience and successful launch of products within our go to market teams will truly shape the direction of A Cloud Guru and the future of our stellar learning platform for years to come! This role reports to the VP of Product.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.I enjoy coming to work because we keep it fun. It's all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. There's a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. – Matt, DIrector of Creative Services
As a Director of Product Management at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build, lead and mentor a high performing team of Product Managers
- Own and drive the strategic direction for our Platform ‘Alliance’, a group of cross functional product teams dedicated to building products that serve our entire learning experience such as Integrated Development Environments and Hands On Labs
- As part of the Product and Engineering leadership you’ll strive to improve and implement great product craft and process within the teams, particularly as we grow and scale
- Coach and lead the Product Management team to develop a strong product strategy that delivers business outcomes and exceeds customer expectations
- Be accountable for the quality of the product that is delivered into customer’s hands, champion customer experience and outcomes above all else
- Work closely with the the Go to Market and Content teams to successfully launch products that deliver results for the business and improve our processes along the way
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work collaboratively with a mix of co-located, distributed and remote teams across the globe
- Drive progress autonomously and in a dynamic manner while also aligning with existing processes
- Utilize their passion for cloud and for making technology and learning fun
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ Years in a Product Management leadership role, responsible for both individual contributors and managers
- 7+ years total working in and with cross-functional product engineering and design teams
- Strong technical background with a proven track record delivering high quality, technically complex products to market
- Experience working with GTM teams and demonstrable results in launching new products to market
- Experience working directly with and able to influence leadership or executive teams
- Proven ability to drive the creation, execution and launch of products throughout the entire product development lifecycle both as an IC and a Manager
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills and evidence of being able to drive similar practices within teams to deliver customer centric products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for design and user experience, with the ability to identify and drive quality in both
- Platform experience
- Experience working with fast moving, high growth technology teams
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got your covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll bring you onsite to talk face to face, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.