Director of Product
Modernize is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Director of Product to manage and lead our product team. Along with being an individual contributor the Director of Product should have experience managing several product managers and the entire product vision at a larger organization.
In this role, you will work with the leadership team to develop a product strategy and maintain a product roadmap. You will organize and direct cross functional product teams which execute against this road map to achieve company objectives and vision.
The right candidate is passionate about the power of data, embraces the changes in the world around us and understands that our success comes from helping others succeed. You realize the balance of failing and learning fast and monetize lean methodologies whenever possible.
You are a visionary leader and embrace feedback and learnings from any direction. You thrive on big challenges, audacious goals and setting a clear vision for your team.
- Market & Competitive Intelligence – become our resident expert on the market to position Modernize against comparable solutions; keep abreast of the industry trends, the market influencers, and the general ecosystem of our trades.
- Product Roadmap, Strategy and Vision - Build out a company wide product roadmap to execute on our defined product vision
- Reporting & Analytics - Understand and lead the product team based on data decisions. Including ROI, revenue, funnel metrics, traction, prioritization user engagement etc
- Strong Influencer - Drive change across the organization to enable your product team to succeed through process improvements, positioning, execution etc
- Product Execution - collaborating with the entire company, you will articulate the product vision, business value, and manage cross-discipline teams to ensure product development is streamlined, well received and successful.
- Product Positioning – Aid in the development of product messaging, and core market differentiation; ensure positioning is consistently filtered through all channels of communications, internal & external (e.g. sales materials, website, PR)
- Go-to-Market Strategy - Lead the product team to excel in launching new products. Minimizing risk and learning fast whenever possible but have a roadmap to launch products your mom would be proud of.
What you need:
- 7+ yrs product management experience
- Strong written and technical documentation, with experience articulating strategy, objectives, success metrics, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong analytical skills, with experience managing multiple lines of business or portfolio of products
- Experience working with analytics, a/b testing and BI platforms (Google, HEAP, VWO, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience with Human-Centered design, working with User Experience and design validation testing a plus
- Experience using Atlassian tools a plus (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat)
- Lean start-up experience is a big plus
- The ability to work as an individual contributor to identify priorities, meet stakeholders and prioritize requirements and products across multiple teams.
- 3+ years being a personal manager for product managers, designers and/or data analysts.
Nice to have:
- Experience with design software like Sketch, Photoshop and InVision
- SQL experience and the ability to run ad-hoc data analysis
At Modernize our mission is to own the transaction between the homeowner and the contractor. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Tremendous Career Growth Opportunity
- Monthly Company Events
- Quarterly Department Outings
- Free Snacks and Drinks
- Catered Lunches
- Great Location in Downtown Austin