Director/VP of Product Management at Hippo Insurance
Title: Director/VP of Product Management
Reporting to: Chief Underwriting Officer
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We are looking for a Product Management leader to oversee a growing team of Product Managers with profit and loss accountability for an assigned line of business and assigned geographic regions. You will develop and document the Product Management discipline and build out the roles and responsibilities of Product Managers. This is a newly created position.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the collaboration between Product Management and Actuarial, Sales and Distribution, Technical Underwriting, Portfolio Management, Claims, Product, Marketing, Insurance Strategy, Innovation, and State Filings/Compliance/Legal
- Oversee the development of Line of Business and State strategies that support the AOP, state mix, and growth/profit and volatility objectives.
- Partner with Actuarial to develop and execute the annual rate plan.
- Partner with Sales to align around countrywide producer management strategies.
- Play a key role in translating innovative data elements or technologies into product and rate decisions.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring KPIs (loss ratio, frequency, severity, new business production, hit ratio, renewal retention, quality of business distributions, etc.) and develop effective and efficient reporting processes, working closely with Portfolio Management.
- Manage the use of writing companies countrywide and guide regional decisions within the overall multi-company strategy.
- Represent Product Management in prioritization of system projects.
- 10 years of insurance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years of Personal Lines Product Management experience
- Strong analytical skills that support data driven decision making
- Desire to develop talent and build an organization
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience running an Insurance Product Management team
- Prior experience with a top 20 Personal Lines Homeowners writer
- Prior experience building a team
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO policy
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Hippo Habitat - Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.