We are looking for an experienced product management leader to be responsible for essential parts of Elasticsearch, including core infrastructure and features, security, performance, and UI. Elasticsearch, the search engine and datastore at the heart of Elastic's offerings, powers use cases from Enterprise Search, to Observability, to Security, and even analysis of telemetry data from NASA rovers on Mars. We are looking for a person who has helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of a big product or platform over multiple years, and who has experience leading and growing a product management team.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and grow a (small, currently 2-3 people) team of top notch Product Managers.
- Define and track product success KPIs.
- Work closely with the Elasticsearch Team and Tech leads to define and maintain a shared vision for the future of Elasticsearch.
- Work with downstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to discover, align, and prioritize their needs: understanding their timing requirements and helping think through phased approaches.
- Work with our Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis and enablement.
- Capture market competitive and trend data, customer and community feedback and usage information to develop product insights.
What you bring along:
- Product Management experience leading a database, data store, or search engine product.
- Strong experience (~8 years probably) in Product Management and a few years experience leading product teams.
- Experience with one or more of the common use cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, security analytics, GIS, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Solid understanding of B2B business models and sales motions.
- Curiosity and an open mind.
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company.
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour.
Experience/interest in some of these areas would be nice:
- Direct experience with the Elastic Stack.
- Comfortable working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team.
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed.
- Good sense of user experience for developer oriented products.