Head of Mobile and Messaging Products
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars facilitates over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager who is excited to lead the vision and execution of our messaging and mobile products at Fivestars. The ideal candidate approaches her craft with the humility of a true artist and the passion of a great maker.
The candidate will bring a depth of functional (product management) and subject matter (SMB, consumer mobile) knowledge and experience as well as a proven track record of shipping fantastic products.
Upon coming on board, you’ll be joining and fostering a culture of making, testing and learning. You will be part of a group of highly collaborative, iterative, non-political and curious makers that are excited by creating new and innovative solutions to our user’s problems.
What you’re going to do:
- Lead the product vision, strategy, road mapping, prioritization, development, and execution of our mobile and messaging products at Fivestars
- Translate company goals into a clear product strategy
- Own company-level OKRs for those products
- Build a business case for a deeper investment in our mobile and messaging products
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, analytics, marketing, and other product teams to create great customer experiences
- Use qualitative and customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
- Understands mobile: 6+ years of building and shipping and scaling 0-1 mobile products that users love
- Humble and collaborative: Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- User centered: The ability to understand the behaviors and needs of our users, and a desire to prioritize addressing those needs
- Clear communicator: The ability to communicate concisely and convincingly in a way that demonstrates clarity of underlying thought.
- Manager optional: Management experience preferred, but not required for this role (seniority at Fivestars is not determined by the number of your direct reports)
- Missionally aligned: Passion about solving problems that help the small business community thrive
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.