Identity Strategist at SailPoint
HQ in Austin, TX (Will consider US - Remote)
SailPoint seeks a visionary thought leader that will drive research and recommendations and influence SailPoint’s product and corporate strategy. This individual will be responsible for understanding the broad market trends around identity and access management and security, developing a long-term product strategy and driving SailPoint’s thought leadership and evangelism platform. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Product and Market Strategy. This position is based in Austin Texas or remote.
- Research emerging technologies and market trends to understand how they will impact the long-term product vision
- Develop strategic recommendations and help create a long-term view of how SailPoint can evolve its vision for identity in the market to maintain its rapid pace of innovation and drive overall company growth and profitability
- Partner with members of the product management, engineering, and corporate development team to build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences
- Develop content and an evangelism platform that support sales and marketing as they communicate SailPoint’s strategy both internally and externally
- Represent SailPoint at internal events, industry tradeshows and with customers and partners
- 10+ years of Identity & Access Management experience required
- Experience in corporate development, strategy, or business operations preferred
- Ability to set strategic context based on industry trends, evaluate patterns emerging in current and adjacent markets, and develop long-term implications and recommended strategies for new business opportunities
- Pragmatic, results-oriented approach to strategy development with a focus towards growth and improving business performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop rapport and credibility across an organization to promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
Willing to travel up to 40%, including regular visits to Austin office if not local.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.