The Chivery is looking for a Junior Buyer to help take The Chivery’s hard goods and custom apparel program to the next level. The Junior Buyer primary responsibility will be to oversee and execute the entire new product development process from idea inception, design, price negotiation, sampling and finally into full production.
This person will be in charge of sourcing custom items but also prospecting and onboarding existing products to expand the product offering.
This position will be based in Austin, Texas and report to the Director of Brand Partnerships & Licensing.
- Oversee and maintain the new product development roadmap and WIP.
- Understand product needs to meet revenue and channel growth goals and execute as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate pricing to hit GM% requirements.
- Manage entire new product development lifecycle from idea inception, design, price negation, sampling and full production.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors / suppliers while maintaining our quality assurance standards.
- Develop and institute SOP’s for both apparel and hard good supply chains.
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement.
- Develop and manage supplier roster, expand supplier selection and evaluation, implement quality and performance measurement score card.
- Ability to create product specifications for both custom apparel and hard goods.
- Update product roadmap and production WIP with pertinent updates and completed tasks.
- Create development charts for each season and maintain them throughout the course of the product development cycle.
- Take heavy part in product development specific to Chive Box to maintain consistent growth.
- Manage artwork for products in designated filing system and seasonal guides for reference.
- Create tech packs for both apparel and hard goods.
- 5+ Years of experience in product development and sourcing with expertise in supply chain management, logistics, custom hard goods and apparel.
- Consistently approaches work with good energy and a positive attitude.
- Strong ability to negotiate contracts, MOQ’s and pricing.
- Advanced knowledge of domestic and international sourcing practices.
- Strong pre-existing vendor partnerships preferred but not necessary.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
- Ecommerce experience preferred but not necessary.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Detail oriented.
- Organizational master.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Profit sharing.
- 401(k) with a company match plan (after 6 months with the company).
- Open vacation policy.
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans.
- Our HQ sits on the waters edge in beautiful downtown Austin, with hike and bike trails at our back door.