Manager, Insurance Product Operations at Hippo Insurance
Title: Manager, Insurance Product Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA - Austin, TX - Dallas, TX - or - Bedminster, NJ
Reporting to: CUO (or VP/Director Insurance Product)
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About The Role:
We are seeking an Insurance Product Operations Manager to implement front and back end decisions supporting Hippo’s growth and profit objectives. In this role, you will be the primary liaison between the insurance business unit and the product and engineering teams. You will identify the business needs, systems requirements and work with all parties to drive solutions. You are detail oriented, organized, and flexible. You understand how all of the smaller components fit together into broader structures and can effectively communicate those distinctions.
What You’ll do:
- Act as key bridge between insurance business unit, product and engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with Underwriting, Actuarial, State Product Management teams to develop, define, and document business needs and requirements and ensure that they are executed
- Become a subject matter expert on all Hippo products and systems, serve as an insurance translator and support the product and engineering teams
- Create specs for implementation: Infrastructure, Raters, Forms, UW Rules
- Build scalable processes to launch new products and rate changes
- Coordinate responses for required monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reports
- Frequently collaborate with internal legal and compliance functions on compliance investigations and drive the resolution process
- Provide Consistent Engineering Support for state and product launches, new features, and validating insurance requirements
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Identify and translate/negotiate business requirements with Engineering development opportunities/constraints
- 5+ years progressively more responsible work in homeowners insurance - product analyst/management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to communicate fluently both in insurance and technology
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to balance multiple priorities in an execution-focused environment – you can see the big picture and execute at the granular level
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat - Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including a free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all! We also have our beautiful, historic offices in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress and our fast-paced, close-knit, office located in Bedminster, NJ.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.