Manager - Marketplace Product Analytics
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you empathetic and humble? Do autonomous, motivated teams put a smile on your face? Do you munch data for breakfast? Are you excited about vacations and helping a product oriented company make an awesome product to facilitate travel? If so, read on!
HomeAway is looking for an experienced Manager to join the Global Analytics & Data Insights (ADI) team in Austin to support Marketplace Design Product team. The ADI team fuels data-informed decisions, proactively seeks data-driven solutions to enhance web products and improve customer experience.
You'll report directly to Analytics and Data Insights (ADI) Director, and lead a growing team of tightly-knit and overachieving group of data analysts for Marketplace Products.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Be a strategic thought partner for VP of product for Marketplace Design and his staff, to understand drivers of behavior and to use this data to create actionable insights for the product team to deliver on.
- Lead the team’s personal and professional development, wellbeing, and motivation while nurturing a pleasant and productive atmosphere.
- Create and evolve a framework to effectively measure company goals (quarterly objective and key results) and the impact of initiatives.
- Collaborate with analytics engineering to create self-serve, automated data products that provide visibility into top metrics and increase efficiency
- Collaborate closely with data science to bring modeling and advanced data science techniques to ADI
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in STEM courses with 8+ years of experience or a Master’s with 6+ years of experience. An advanced degree
- Have excellent relationship management and leadership skills - working with Dev Engineers, Analytical Engineers, Data Scientists, Technical Project Managers, Product Marketing and Product Owners to pave the way to smooth transitions and remove blockers when necessary.
- Partner closely with Analytics Engineering to ensure data integrity and define requirements for data products.
- Possess a strong background in business and strategic consultancy, gained through several years experience in the field (E-Commerce, Marketplace, Revenue Management, Travel Industry)
- Have experience leading a team of data analysts - from both business and technical backgrounds and can coach your team in the areas most needed.
- Speak up and engage in public forums - we do monthly and quarterly product reviews in which you will play an integral part.
- Are knowledgeable on several data science and big data technologies (Python, R, Hadoop) as well as the basics like Excel modeling, SQL querying, and some visualization prowess with tools like Tableau.
- Are experienced in advanced analytics, including experimental design, statistical models, and a high level understanding of machine learning to be able to partner with data scientists working on the same products.
- Can take a complex concept and communicate it clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Are dedicated and pragmatic. You value simple and effective solutions over complicated brain-melters.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.