Marketplace Coordinator at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Marketplace Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining a high quality App & Theme Marketplace and will be reviewing, launching, and providing ongoing support for apps and partner themes. This dynamic person will also assist our exciting and diverse community of developers by fielding inquiries and escalating to internal partners when necessary.What you’ll do:
- Review 3rd party app and theme submissions to ensure they are high quality, technically sound, and on brand additions from a client perspective in a timely manner.
- Foster relationships with 3rd party developers to support their questions and escalate issues.
- Be the first point of contact for app and partner theme developer questions in regards to development, migration, submission, and liveops issues.
- Communicate app & partner theme bug status to internal BigCommerce stakeholders as well as funnel internal feedback into actions for our developers (e.g. bug fixes or feature enhancements).
- Monitor the developer community to advocate for 3rd party developer concerns as well communicate best practices and BigCommerce updates.
- Maintain and update information on all 3rd party developers including review status and provide updates to internal stakeholders with a focus on themes.
- Support the app and theme stores by administrating all Marketplace tools and updating 3rd party app information in app registry as needed.
- Manage the merchandising of the Marketplace using admin tools, including Featured & Recommended apps.
- Manage marketing copy (launches and updates) for any partner listings included within the Marketplace.
- Help manage customer review feedback for Marketplace content.
- Coordinate with SBD and other internal stakeholders on partnership needs, including partner agreements, marketing, and account management.
- Experience troubleshooting SaaS products and tools and familiarity with eCommerce platforms and APIs
- Detail oriented and an excellent communicator
- 1+ years experience in a support role interfacing with clients and/or partners or other client facing position
- Strong commitment to maintaining a high quality experience for BigCommerce clients
Beyond daily responsibilities, this person will also deliver within their first 30 days:
- Communicate with Marketplace partners within 72 hours of inquiry and/or issue.
- Complete first round of reviewing and send feedback on app and theme submissions within one week of submission date at least 90% of the time
- Become an expert on all things app and theme store related
- Create and maintain parity of apps and marketing materials between the Integrated App Store and Theme store and the website
- Maintain and prioritize bug, feature, and improvement requests from developers
- Feel comfortable proactively troubleshooting developer issues
- Build relationships with Support partners, Marketing, Product, and SBD.
Beyond daily responsibilities, this person will also deliver within their first 90 days:
- Clear backlog of apps and themes that need approval and submission
- Audit and assist in updating app listing materials for Marketplace partners on BigCommerce.com and in the control panel including logo quality, missing requirements, etc.
- Improve the developer ecosystem by noting gaps in Marketplace documentation or developer resources
- Improve efficiency for receiving and reporting bugs and downtime with apps and communicating updates with internal stakeholders
- Maintain and audit Salesforce records for apps to be complete and accurate.
- Audit existing Apps for compatibility, quality, and primary functionality
- Work cross-functionally with partner teams to improve our process for removing Apps not up to quality or in partner program compliance
- Help with outreach to existing partners on upcoming BigCommerce releases
- Conduct re-reviews for high value existing apps for compatibility and optimization with new sets of BigCommerce features