Merchandise Planner at Tecovas
As a key member of the Merchandising and Operations team, the Merchandise Planner will develop, communicate and execute the financial and assortment plans of Tecovas. This person will be a key contributor in Pre-Season and In-Season demand planning, while providing data driven recommendations to generate revenue. The Merchandise Planner is naturally curious, comfortable working with complex data and energized by having a direct impact on growth.
- Build Department and Class level plans to support the sales, margin and inventory goals on an annual basis.
- Own bi-annual Hindsight analysis for category and present findings to senior management.
- Recommend assortment mix across legacy and new product offerings based on sales and inventory strategies to Category Manager.
- Create item level sales and inventory forecasts based on past, present and future performance numbers.
- Summarize item level forecasts into big ideas, strategies, and themes to be leveraged across Marketing and Retail.
- Participate as a key business partner in Finance meetings and provide thoughtful insight on revenue and inventory goals.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on business as it relates to forecast, over or under performance and inventory opportunities.
- Review and revise sales and inventory forecast by SKU to balance inventory levels against turnover goals.
- Generate Purchase Order quantities to support in-stock targets and healthy stock to sales ratios while balancing multiple production lead times.
- Communicate performance results in cross functional meetings with Merchandising, Marketing and Operations based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Identify and recommend sales opportunities to Marketing based on inventory ownership.
- Provide guidance on store assortment and, at times, assist in allocating product to stores at the direction of the Retail Planner.
- Partner with Supply Chain to understand lead times and bottlenecks as it pertains to delivering on time arrival of purchase orders.
You Will Be Successful If You:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, dynamic, high growth business environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad, diverse group of cross-functional business partners.
- Strive to make everyone on your team successful.
- Are an original thinker who can anticipate bottlenecks and provide solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with teammates to inspire cooperation and innovation.
- Are positive, enthusiastic, and love winning.
This role will report directly to the Director of Planning with whom you will work directly on a day-to-day basis, but duties will span cross-functionally and certain projects will support other functional leaders.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker and detail oriented. Other qualifications include:
- 3-5 years of experience in Planning and Allocation/Replenishment experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong understanding of retail math
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work on multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and set priorities while maintaining flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of building data models in Excel from scratch
- Comfortable making decisions and recommendations rooted in data driven analysis
- Ability to work with limited resources and collaborate cross functionally
Full Time Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Tecovas Team Gift Card!
Tecovas is the first direct-to-consumer western brand and was founded with the simple goal of making the world’s best western boots, apparel, and leather goods - and selling them at a fair price. Our passion for offering incredible customer experiences runs through the culture of our team - and we’re committed to making Tecovas an incredible place to work!
We’re growing - and hiring passionate, humble, positive, and talented people determined to help us to continue to grow. If you’re looking to be part of a brand revolutionizing a category and welcoming first-time boot buyers and western enthusiasts alike, look no further.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for ca