Partner Growth Manager, Agency Partnerships at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Partner Growth Manager, Agency Partners. Our Partner Growth Manager draws on their deep product and ecosystem knowledge to onboard, enable, and execute go-to-market strategies with BigCommerce agencies, with the goal of generating revenue and maximizing the impact of our partner ecosystem. On a day to day basis you’ll engage, qualify, develop and nurture ecommerce agencies in the BigCommerce Partner Program.
You are entrusted with maintaining the health of partner relationships and enabling partners with the support they require to be successful. You will need to wear the hats of business developer, trainer and sales person and be able to work across organizations effectively. You will be the face of BigCommerce to partners and the champion of your partners within BigCommerce. The Partner Manager will work closely with our partner marketing team, partner operations team, and sales team to drive strategy and deliver results across the partner ecosystem.What You’ll Do:
- Drive revenue by recruiting and qualifying new Design and Solution Partners who are focused on servicing the SMB market to the BigCommerce Partner Program.
- Collaborate with the BigCommerce Marketing and Product teams to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, new features, new markets) with new and existing SMB-oriented partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
- Work with partners to continually improve their ecommerce practice, grow their portfolio of customers, drive expansion opportunities, and manage and grow the partnership.
- Promote training and certification to ensure the effectiveness of their services on the BigCommerce platform
- Manage your pipeline and generate leads for our sales team and for the partners
- Build strong relationships with the Sales & Success organizations to encourage prospective customers and current customers to use an agency partner for ecommerce services.
- Develop success plans to ensure agency wide adoption and expansion of BigCommerce to the partner’s end clients.
- Assist in the ideation and execution of joint marketing programs and promotions with high priority partners
- Become an expert on the BigCommerce platform, complementary ecosystem technologies, product roadmap and company vision.
- Grow revenue and sales pipeline sourced by partners
- 5+ years professional experience, including 3+ years technology sales, partner management, or business development experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 15% travel (7-8 weeks annually) to meet with clients which may require overnight stays on occasion.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue goals and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Sales Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative: You work cooperatively and actively contribute to a positive work environment, recognize and understand the need to compromise, and foster open and candid communication between team members.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all internal and external stakeholders team members.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.