Principal Product Manager, Customer Success Technology at Atlassian (Austin, TX or Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Customer Support Technology organization partners with Atlassian's Customer Success and Support teams to build intelligent self-service support systems, analytics, and smart tools to ensure that Atlassian's customer care capabilities are streamlined for external customers and efficient for internal users.
We are seeking a strategic and innovative Principal Product Manager to define the roadmap and drive improvements and optimization of our customer support platform. You'll be responsible for gathering requirements from our internal stakeholders, benchmarking with peer companies for advancements in I2R capabilities, research industry trends to understand what customers expect from elite technical support and develop recommendations to inform existing business process improvements and long term business strategies.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of product management and business analysis experience in crafting and deploying customer care and technical support platforms (Custom or SaaS)
- Proficiency with end to end product delivery, roadmap definition, feature delivery and tradeoffs for your product.
- Ability to define requirements, success metrics and associated use cases, reimagining customer support experiences and identifying customer and/or user problems.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and operational skills to evolve the product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences, from engineers to executives.
- Effective listening skills to discern impactful technical requirements from business planning sessions.
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises especially in light of multiple partners competing for resources in order to meet their business timelines
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers
- Have a clear understanding of business and development process (Agile preferably)
- Proven ability to design and deliver a successful Customer Support (or equivalent) platform and experience roadmap
- Experience with customer usability (UX & UI) and hypothesis driven experimentation
- High energy, results-oriented self-starter with a positive mentality and with a "can do" attitude. Must be persistent, ambitious, curious and creative with a track record of focusing on high impact and pivotal initiatives through to execution without direct authority
- Strong technical skills, technical degree or background
- History leading and redefining customer service and support platforms delivering on I2R capabilities
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian product suite
We'd be super excited, if you have:
More about our team
We are a growing team of engineers, product managers, and designers of all levels of experience. We are, above all else, driven innovators. As standard for Atlassian, we offer innovation time to solve problems that matter the most to you. We count the reigning ping-pong champion among our numbers.
This team is directly involved in multiple initiatives to change the way Atlassian does business. We have the exciting opportunity to be part of redefining the company and invite you to join us on our journey.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .