Who we are:
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
What you will be doing:
We’re all about helping folks to find and shortlist a home to buy. Sounds simple right? But wait! There is so much we can do to take this from good, to amazing. We’re feeling cheekily bold to make a big step-change in the experience, which is excitingly a key ingredient to our plan for the strategy and success of our company.
You’ll motivate and guide product development of a new greenfield opportunity in the “digital closing” aspect of the consumer journey. This portfolio is unique and a great opportunity for someone who:
- Loves to experiment into “the solution”, has no fear of ambiguity, can paint a vision and iterate towards it
- Embraces the challenge of big problems because you love the big outcomes
- Likes the diversity of working with consumers, customers, and partners to bring a single experience to life
- Is an entrepreneur at heart. Someone who can iteratively discover the answers, be cool with the unknowns, and lead in a highly matrixed environment
Together, with a clear mission in your heads and hearts, you’ll ship a lot of engaging, beautiful and personalized new product experiences that genuinely solve problems and delight consumers with what you create.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Work in tight, nimble partnership with your design and tech work teammates, sharing the sweat and joy of building stuff together
- Be celebrated for working with openness, trust, being humble, and being all about helping your team do great work
- Embrace ambiguity and help your team through it, laughing when we make a bad choice before figuring out what to try next
- Help embed a creative, goal-oriented and bold product culture, where we try new things, and are curious and open-minded with how to reach each goal
- Share your knowledge and and help build the skills of more junior members of the team
- Have plenty of variety, no two days are the same!
What are some of the benefits of this job:
- A generous base salary, complemented by an annual short term incentive
- Meaningful benefits, such as wonderful support for new parents, with a generous gender-neutral parental leave policy for both primary and secondary caregivers
- A manager, and broader leadership team, dedicated to growing your skills, honing your strengths, engaging your passions, and allowing your to produce work you love
- An environment that welcomes your feedback, values different points of view, and is eager to bring new ideas to life
What we’re looking for:
Of course, we have some things in mind that might help tell you if you’re a pretty good fit. We’re after product managers who have a:
- Self-assured nature, finds it fun to take on a big ask (small bites at a time)
- User-centred style, and background in consumer-facing apps
- Blend of experience from workplaces large and small
- Lovely set of views about how great products are made together with engineering and design - or if earlier in career, are forming those and keen to learn
- Respectful approach to guide, encourage (and even inspire!) a cross-functional team of designers and engineers, to allow each person to uniquely shine and contribute
- Digital product passion in thy blood (e.g. several years experience for the more senior roles), giving you some strong ideas (but weakly held) to share
- Run or two on the board in two-sided marketplaces - as an added bonus
- Soft skills set including communication, friendly, approachable, open to ideas, generous giver and receiver of feedback
- Desire to be part of and help create a highly-inclusive culture where everyone can belong
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.