Principal Product Manager, Multi-Channel Help & Education Experience
Ever have a question when visiting a consumer website, that you know has been answered before? Why do you have to leave what you are doing, click-through to a help center that seems to know nothing about you or what you were doing, attempt to find an answer, and then start all over again? Frustrating, isn't it?
As the Principal PM for Multi-Channel Help & Education, you will lead the charge in developing an intelligent customer help & education experience that will deployed across numerous countries and languages. The new experience will bring personalized and localized help TO the customer -- delivered in-context, across multiple channels, including web, mobile, email, chat/bot, voice, etc. The help system will get smarter with each use, anticipating and dynamically surfacing the most relevant content, just-in-time. The experience will also feature a personalized and context-aware Help and Education Center that facilitates speedy problem resolution and skill-building. Finally, you will implement a framework for continuous improvement of our customer experience through learning loops that collect, classify and feedback insights to our product and development teams. This could be your dream job!
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
- Establish and lead the Customer Help & Education Experience team, including participation in planning sessions, product reviews, and discovery summits.
- Partner with product, design, content, customer experience, product marketing and engineering teams to build and execute on a shared vision, strategy and roadmap for multi-channel customer help and education.
- Collaborate with Expedia Group to explore opportunities for leverage and/or partnership in development of a multi-channel help experience.
- Own the entire product life cycle – concept to design to creating detailed requirements and working with Engineering to execute on product delivery.
- Collaborate with product teams to instrument our user experience and develop learning loops to create a "living" help experience that gets smarter every single day.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities that will help us more cost-effectively drive customer success.
- Evangelize and practice the test and learn methodology to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate ideas that will inform the roadmap.
- Collaborate with the business intelligence team to define, track and report on relevant metrics.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years product management experience supporting a global product in a consumer marketplace.
- 2+ years experience with in-product help and education technology/experience (e.g. Pendo, Smart FAQs, Ask & Answer, bots) environment.
- Experience with globally deployed and localized enterprise content management systems.
- Experience implementing data science to create programmatic learning loops to pin point specific areas of improvement in the customer experience.
- Ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and drive collaborative decisions.
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred.
- BS or BA in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to travel up to 20% internationally.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.