Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Payments Product Manager will play a pivotal role in defining and delivering our digital payment experiences, serving the complex needs of a very diverse audience, across a number of digital channels (desktop, mobile, API) and spanning subscriptions, one-time transactions and peer-to-peer transactions. In this role, you’ll experiment with new payment methods, enhance our existing payments infrastructure, allow for seamless payments for consumers and accurate settlement for providers. You’ll also drive our dynamic pricing strategy and the build out of accompanying technology.
Specific responsibilities include working with teams across the organization on the development of product roadmaps for our payments experiences; working cross-functionally to develop and deliver a frictionless and accurate payments platform and user experience; deep data analysis to determine the effectiveness of our major initiatives and products, including how to impact them; collaboration on the selection, integration and management of any payment partners; identification, prevention and remediation of payment issues and regulatory demands; user and competitive research; ongoing management and optimization of products and services.
You’ll be hands-on, have strong business judgment as it relates to our services; be obsessed with financial accuracy and PCI compliance; strong data and testing skills; technical acumen; great communication, collaboration & leadership skills; incredible organizational skills; plus a motivation to help our customers succeed with finding the right care and/or job. You’ll work with the product team to set the direction of our product(s), and coordinate with other cross-functional teams on the creation of products and tools for specific audiences.
You believe that the role of a good Product Manager is to design and build innovative products and features that provide the greatest impact to our audience and business. You’re excited by work that includes data and testing, the user experience, and finding creative technology solutions to address user and market needs. You make decisions based on data and research, as well as the gut instincts you’ve honed through many, many development cycles. And you’re great at helping other parts of the team understand the vision and set priorities.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who can inspire teams while also possessing mastery of the strategy, details and ROI of building innovative products. The role can be based remote in the continental U.S., and/or around one of our hub cities (Austin, TX, New York, NY, Waltham, MA). Some travel may be required.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
- Product Vision: Contribute to the product vision and roadmaps for the payment experience on Care.com, as well as to incremental improvements that contribute to the vision for how the products will work and what problems they will solve for your users, the marketplace, and the business
- Product Development: Work with cross-functional, agile teams to develop, launch, optimize, and maintain/retire products and specific services; create the principles and frameworks for desired product functionality and designs, and make real-time decisions to ensure that we are on track to meet business goals
- Data, Analysis & Metrics: Define and ensure that teams know and understand what the right metrics are, are tracking them for each product, as well as how to set up a rigorous testing methodology to test and validate hypotheses for moving the business forward. Slice data regularly to understand which initiatives are making an impact; be on top of the competitive landscape to ensure that we are differentiating
- Communication: Set up the right level of documentation and communication of product goals, requirements (user stories, briefs, wireframes, etc) and processes that are clear, thorough, timely and convey the desired functional experience to all internal parties and stakeholders while still enabling the organization to move fast
- Leadership: Act as a leader to cross-functional, internal teams so that they are excited, motivated, and know what is expected; effectively evangelize the product vision with various stakeholders throughout the company
- Customer Focus: Working with your teams, create solutions for customers first; create testing and research plans to understand what our customers might want or need, including multi-variate and usability testing to ensure we are creating products for them that are as beautiful and functional as possible; work with the member service team to ensure a positive experience for users
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- 7+ years of product management and equivalent experience working specifically with platforms
- Deep product experience in the payments and subscription spaces
- Relevant experience implementing technology solutions from beginning to MVP and iterating through the product’s full lifecycle based on our changing needs
- Experience shaping capabilities as solution architect and/or managing solution architecture
- Experience building API’s and other services at scale
- Understand back-end enterprise application development and data environments
- Experience directing cross-functional product development teams on end-to-end delivery of complex software projects
- Strong experience defining and/or contributing to product vision & roadmap, driving execution activities, measuring results
- Experience with techniques to develop the right minimum viable products, as well as optimizing existing products through prototyping, user testing, and multi-variate testing
- Able to write the right level of specs and analyze data to inform product decisions and apply key findings
- Data-, detail- and results-oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings
- Strong understanding of UX principles and applications
- Strong people and project organizational skills, plus attention to details; ability to prioritize is a must
- A strong communicator and team collaborator, with great written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of technology and understanding of the product development cycle; experience in an agile environment
- Experience with solid techniques for customer discovery, including interviewing and opportunity assessments, user testing and prototyping
- Notable experience in two-sided marketplaces and/or the caregiving space a plus
- Solid understanding of how products get monetized, including subscription and commerce
- Interested in meeting and exceeding goals and developing plans and strategies to win as a team
- Team player, resilient, positive, good to work with
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).