WP Engine is seeking a Principal Product Manager to lead and build new, modern, content APIs. We're looking for someone with a passion for crafting technology that developers love to utilize and that enables them to build multifaceted and performant digital experiences. You will be the inspiring leader as it pertains to how content is served and rendered from the WordPress CMS, along with all of the steps and processes it takes to make that happen.
You'll be working closely with our developer relations team and sales, marketing, and customer experience organizations to share customer insights, market trends, and internal analysis. You should be comfortable working with C-suite partners and driving your vision across the company. You'll be taking a product from idea to inception so you'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, creative problem solving, and rapid response to customer needs.
In this role, you'll be working with the Senior Manager of Product and Founder/CTO to be responsible for the API strategy of our WordPress development platform.Day to Day
- Lead your product from idea to inception and through the product lifecycle
- Lead product discovery and research efforts to develop our content API strategy
- Develop and own the product roadmap, key breakthroughs, and success metrics
- Work closely with UX (research and design) to define the "what" and "why"
- Work hand-in-hand with Engineering to scope and prioritize work
- Be an inspiring leader across the organization as it relates to our API strategy; working with sales, marketing, and customer experience to drive your vision and get them on board
- Lead go-to-market activities with Product Marketing counterparts; including creation of assets, field readiness, and pricing/packaging
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of Product and CTO on our overall portfolio strategy
- Minimum of 7 years of Product Management experience with direct experience developing, owning, and executing against a product strategy
- Extensive experience designing and building APIs
- Experience building APIs as a Product and API documentation
- Track record of collaboration and working with diverse partners
- Curiosity and a problem-solving mentality
- A customer-first approach
- Prior experience in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with REST APIs and/or GraphQL
- Prior experience working on SaaS products
- Experience working with remote and/or distributed teams
- Enterprise software experience is a PLUS!
- WordPress experience is a very valuable PLUS!
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.