Principal Product Manager at Whole Foods Market
- Ownership of the largest, most complex, and business-critical product families across technical domains. Leads the build-out of new and complex applications.
- Monitors industry and the competition for technical and process changes and advances.
- Conducts or leads studies to determine the economic, technical, and organizational feasibility of proposed technologies or changes.
- Provides strategic guidance in partnership with leadership to identify and address evolving business needs.
- Works on applications and technical problems that are highly complex and diverse in scope, require input from divergent cross-functional teams, and have enterprise-wide impact.
- Drives the globalization and standardization of technical and organizational product design, development, application, and evaluation processes.
- Leading-edge knowledge and experience with custom and packaged/SaaS software design tools and development methodologies and ability to mentor junior team members.
- Expert knowledge of complex technical and integration architecture patterns.
- Expert knowledge of application deployment and support processes and tools.
- Expert knowledge of standard software testing and bug reporting tools and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of requirements or backlog management software.
- Expert knowledge of product analytics tools, tagging approaches, and accurately interpreting metrics.
- Experience developing, publishing, and achieving product roadmaps.
- Expert knowledge of designing, segmenting, and recruiting for user testing, A/B testing, interviews, and user surveys and supporting tools.
- Advanced experience synthesizing user testing outputs to create actionable insights.
- Experience scaling products into the millions of concurrent users and/or transactions.
- Conveys and consults on complex matters with broad organizational significance.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal communication skills and levels of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with all types of audiences, internally and externally, including senior management.
- Demonstrates strategic understanding of WFM’s and supported region / stores business objectives, competitive strengths and opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of customer, market, and industry trends and emerging challenges to make development and improvement recommendations.
- Understands and articulates complex business processes, user journeys, and technical integration spanning the enterprise.
- Leverages customer, business and financial savvy to influence strategic plans, objectives, and priorities.
- Capable of understanding the competitive landscape, including competitive offers, positioning, and value drivers.
- Expert knowledge of software engineering practices; expert at developing software products and technologies..
- Ensures team commitment to and delivery of excellent customer service.
- Works with Engineering and other key stakeholders, internally and externally, to resolve contention.
- Leverages customer, business and financial savvy to influence strategic plans, objectives and priorities.
- Expert knowledge of software engineering practices; expert at developing software products and technologies.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree 8-10 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.