Principle Technical Product Manager
Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, challenging, and exciting problems in the travel space? Are you a product manager with a scientific mindset and a passion for building exceptional user experiences? VRBO is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join VRBO's Traveler Product team and power our core value proposition of helping our travelers book the perfect vacation across Expedia and global VRBO sites around the world.
As the Principle Product Manager for our Digital Identity Data Products you will work closely with our product and marketing teams, engineering, design, data science, content, and other traveler teams, to begin scaling our ability to identify and track behaviors of travelers across Expedia Group brand websites to enable real-time personalization across website and marketing channels. This is a highly visible role and a great opportunity to provide leadership to unlock opportunities that benefit our customers and our business. You’ll lead the creation of world-class customer data platform to identity a person (user) across devices, brands, accounts and all touchpoints. Knowing who the person and their intent enables us to attribute, gain and utilize knowledge about the person so we can tailor our products, services and user experiences in a very individual and personal way. You are an innovator, a strategic thinker, passionate about user experience, analytical, and an excellent problem-solver.
What You'll Do:
- Provide thought leadership through the development, communication and executing of vision, strategy and roadmaps, in partnership with key team members, to create new and innovative approaches for converting anonymous visitors into identified travelers (users).
- Work across Expedia Group (Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, etc.) to challenge the status quo and partner in the enablement of personalized user experiences based on your data products that our customers love.
- Partner with teams across product and marketing to invent new ways to identify each customer's current their trip cycle phase (shopping, pre-trip, in-trip, post trip, etc) to enable new personalized travel products and services.
- Practice agile product management methodologies to quickly and efficiently identify, evaluate and exploit new opportunities that will unlock commercial opportunity.
- Collaborate daily with the Architects, Engineering, and Analytics teams to ensure product requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate rapid delivery of functionality.
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve your solution approach.
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements e.g. feature usage, conversion rates.
- Remove roadblocks across the organization, knowing when to assert and when to finesse influence while communicating changes to business partners.
- Use your deep product management knowledge to coach and mentor your team and other product managers.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of software technical product management experience within an agile software development environment.
- High level initiative, creativity, and desire to invent new technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing processes, marketing technologies, and website approaches to personalize user experiences.
- Experienced in applying data science to implement programmatic marketing and dynamic website solutions.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience establishing, socializing and gaining consensus for new large scale strategic products and solution approaches.
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end user needs into new products/ideas and requirements.
- Ability to lead large, complex, international projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to negotiate and influence your peers, work across diverse teams, and vigilantly prioritize opportunities.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience designing, building and launch brand new commercially available products.
- Familiarity with marketing or big data technologies a plus.
- Experience applying machine learning/AI to drive improvement in customer experience and business results.
- 2+ years of hands on software development experience; alternatively, demonstrated understanding of technology & data architecture for high-volume websites.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical background.
- Travel industry experience a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.