Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is looking for a Product Analyst to assist our team of Product Owners as we scale to support a growing number of customers. The ideal candidate will be able to put their tech-savvy and communication skills to work understanding stakeholder needs and relaying them to the appropriate channels in a concise yet effective manner. As an expert user of our products, they will serve as a bridge between the frontline teams and the Product & Tech organizations, consolidating and documenting information while jumping in to help out in multiple capacities as needed.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist Product Owners with documentation, testing, user interviews, sprint planning and other Product related functions.
- Receive escalations from the Support Team regarding customer issues, clearly documenting steps to recreate, workarounds, suggested improvements, and business impact prior to submitting to Product or Engineering for resolution.
- Own key metric reporting for our core product suite, sharing stats both internally and externally to provide an understanding of trends, performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in reconciling data related to product billing and subscriptions.
- Generally pitch in where needed to help the team and make our products best serve the needs of our customers.
Your Experience + Skills:
- 1-2 years experience in a Support, Product, or Operations role involving software or hardware systems.
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and other common reporting interfaces.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to summarize complex concepts into understandable talk tracks.
- Proven “roll up your sleeves and get it done” reputation in previous endeavors.
Your First Month:
- Learn everything there is to know about our company, our data, and our product suite.
- Talk to customers, understand their needs, and feel the joy (and sometimes the pain) of working the frontlines.
- Get exposed to our team and methods of working, assisting on projects as needed while you build up your knowledge.
Your First 3 Months:
- Work with the team to create and roll out standardized reporting of product usage for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support new features & functionality as they are operationalized and delivered to customers.
- Understand our billing model and be able to assist in reconciling and reporting on billable actions inside our product suite.
- Begin working alongside the Support Team to assist in triaging escalated issues from customers.
Your First 6 Months:
- Work between customer-facing teams (Support, Sales & Account Management) and Product, keeping a pulse on common issues and requests and owning resolution of items day-to-day.
- Actively participate in client meetings plus product management and scrum activities, occasionally leading smaller initiatives on your own with guidance from a Product Owner.
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description